Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Travel • Page 18

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by muttley, Mar 17, 2016.

1. jorbjorb

7 rings

I revised it. Skipping Positano this time around so I can actually see the cities I'm in. Kind of a bummer to skip the amalfi coast but it would of been too hectic. I think I'll do Almafi as a seperate trip and combine it with Greece or something.

Friday Aug 2nd - Leave Winnipeg 2pm

Saturday Aug 3rd - Arrive Venice 9am - Sleep in Venice

Sunday Aug 4th - Venice - Sleep in Venice

Monday Aug 5th - To Florence - 2.2 hrs - Sleep in Florence - See Bologna on the way

Tuesday Aug 6th - Florence - Sleep in Florence

Wed Aug 7th - Florence - Sleep in Florence

Thurs Aug 8th - Florence - Sleep in Florence

Fri Aug 9th - Florence - Sleep in Florence

Sat Aug 10th - To Cinque Terre-2.5 hrs - See Pisa on the way

Sun Aug 11th - Cinque Terre- Sleep in Cinque Terre

Mon Aug 12th - Cinque Terre- Sleep in Cinque Terre-

Tues Aug 13th - To Rome 4 hrs- Sleep in Rome

Wed Aug 14th - Rome - Sleep in Rome

Thur Aug 15th - Rome - Sleep in Rome

Fri Aug 16th - Rome - Sleep in Rome

Sat Aug 17th - Rome - Sleep in Rome

Sun Aug 18th - Fly Home

Garrett L. likes this.
  2. Ken Mar 14, 2019
    (Last edited: Mar 14, 2019)
    Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Who has been to Utah? I'm looking for insight into Zion, Bryce Canyon, Monument Valley, Arches, Canyonlands, Moab, Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument, Dead Horse Point State Park, Capitol Reef National Park, etc. Essentially, I'm driving through Utah in the fall and I'm curious as to what might be worthy of a detour.

3. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

I went to Zion for my birthday a couple years ago. Incredible place and would hundred percent go back

Ken likes this.
  4. InExile

Regular

Flying to Portland next week, first time in the area, spending time there, Astoria (Ecola state park), and Seattle...any general suggestions on things to do, see, and eat? I’ve been doing research but love some locals opinions...thank you!

5. InExile

Regular

Zion for sure. The Narrows hike is by far the best hike I’ve ever been on.

Ken likes this.
  6. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

I’ve been debating taking a trip for some time now (considering Norway, driving to Seattle again, driving to Maine again) and I’m currently in the mindset to return to Glacier National Park. Haven’t been there is 7 years this August.

Ken likes this.
  7. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Do Norway

8. marsupial jones

i love being in no rush to finalize a trip and looking on Hotels.com and other sites and putting together possibilities to see the cost and weigh my options.

just put together a few different trips to Iceland for a week / week and a half and it's "only" $2,000 - $2,500.

next up is Japan, Australia, Norway and then some (hopefully) cheaper options in the states

9. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Iceland :heart:

Did 8 days for $1600 last year. Itching to go back.

jorbjorb and Ken like this.
  10. marsupial jones

that's a steal.

i've driven across much less beautiful parts of this country for much more than that lol

11. marissalg

Trusted

Finished booking everything for my trip to Iceland in May and booking flights for Portugal/Spain in the fall tonight. This is my biggest year for travel and I’m so excited for it all. Suggestions for things to do in any of these places would be really appreciated! I’ve got a snorkeling tour and the blue lagoon booked for Iceland/have a car set to do the Golden circle but nothing for Portugal/Spain yet.

RJ Knorr and Ken like this.
  12. Garrett

Don’t skip Bruararfoss because of the hike @marissalg!

Also! Go to Faxafoss. It’s near Gullfoss but no one ever goes to it. You can walk right out to the edge.

And make sure you get lunch at Freidheimur greenhouse! It’s near Faxafoss. Second best meal I had in Iceland.

Ken, marissalg and RJ Knorr like this.
  13. marissalg

Trusted

Tysm!!!

Garrett L. likes this.
  14. marsupial jones

@Garrett L. please explain how that is a bright colored coat. Looks dark blue to me :eyeglass:

GrantCloud likes this.
  15. Garrett

It was much brighter in person, closer to royal blue

Lighting in Iceland is wild. That jacket also died there RIP

jorbjorb, Ken and marissalg like this.
  16. djwildefire

Trusted

I’ve been to Utah quite a few times. Happy to give you recommendations. Are you open to backpacking or just day hikes?

17. Garrett

Anyone have any favorite travel bloggers/vloggers? Been watching a few more on YouTube lately trying to figure out if it’s something I could even try.

Ken likes this.
  18. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

Have you ever watched Mark Wiens or Mike Chen? They're both food focused youtubers but they travel to a lot of different countries and I enjoy that they're pretty laid back and have good content. Mike Chen in particular is pretty funny and sometimes has some good collaborations.

Strictly Dumpling

Mark Wiens

If anyone is interested in travelling to Japan, I could recommend you a ton of good Japan focused youtubers as well.

Garrett L. likes this.
  19. Garrett

Currently on my first ever international solo trip. Really makes me realize how much I love traveling with someone special.

But it also makes me realize how much I love just wandering.

20. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Not all who wander are lost
    -Instagram

21. Garrett

“not all THOSE who wander are lost” is the actual quote from tolkien’s prophecy of Aragorn in this essay I will

- me every time I see the misquote

22. jorbjorb

7 rings

23. fastlife

Regular Supporter

That’s so awesome. Where ya visiting?

Travelled solo for the first time last year and it was the best. Loved having no schedule and just doing whatever I felt like doing that day.

waking season and Ken like this.
  24. Garrett

Barcelona. I wanted to go somewhere I’d already been to get my sea legs, if ya will.

I booked little things here and there, but left most of the trip up to the whim. Walked for an hour along the beach today just because I could.

25. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I love traveling solo. It can definitely get lonely at times but I love being able to just wander and see the things I want to see. Enjoy your trip!

ChiliTacos, Garrett L. and jorbjorb like this.