Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Travel • Page 13

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by muttley, Mar 17, 2016.

1. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I’m dying to go back to Austria but the flights are so absurdly expensive

Ken likes this.
  2. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

In 1961, Goodyear experimented with an illuminated tire. Lit from the inside by glass incandescent bulbs, the softly glowing white tires never left the show circuit.

Ken likes this.
  3. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

I may be going to Belfast, and probably visiting Ireland too. If anyone has any good recommendations let me know. Not sure when I'm going yet but I'll have a place to stay so that'll be cool.

4. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Visiting Yosemite National Park for the first time next week, with my girlfriend from Norway - absolutely incredibly stoked. Bringing along my Canon 80D DSLR too (that I'm still a newb at using), so stoked to hopefully get some awesome pictures

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  5. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

Why Belfast instead of Dublin? Just curious.

6. Whatjuliansaid

I can't choose, just more convenient because I don't have to pay haha

7. muttley

Oh, gotcha'. I was looking for stuff to do in that region and Belfast didn't seem like it had a lot going on aside from being an hour away from Dublin. I figured there was something I wasn't seeing haha.

edit: nevermind, it's further than that.

8. Whatjuliansaid

Well, I guess I'll find out haha I haven't looked into it yet but eventually.

9. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

Belfast has a hockey team, the Belfast Giants, that I'm hoping to check out one day. I was there this summer and the guide told us how it's one of the few things in the city not divided between the Protestants and Catholics so it's pretty much an excuse for them to watch the game and have a good time. Don't know your transportation situation while you'll be there but I can't recommend Giant's Causeway enough. It's absolutely gorgeous and insane to climb all over geometric rock columns but it also hinges on how the weather is when you're there.

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  10. Whatjuliansaid

Thanks for that, will put it on my to do list! :-)

11. jdr2187

jdr2187

Going to be in New Orleans for about 3 nights at the beginning of next month. Probably going to Airbnb to save some money. Anybody suggest a good area to stay that isn't right in the middle of the craziness but within walking/short uber distance of the more popular areas? Also just overall suggestions on things to see and/or do are also appreciated. I have nothing planned yet.

12. djwildefire

Trusted

Don't know if you're already there but if you need any recommendations of hikes, I know the park pretty well and would love to help out!

13. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Heading there on Wednesday! Meeting my girlfriend in San Fran tomorrow night, and then the following day heading over there. I've done a bunch of research from several articles/websites on the various hikes there, but would love any additional tips and help I can get! Aiming to stay at Camp 4 right in the valley, and the fitness levels of both of us is fairly high, so no hike is off limits to us.

14. windowbirds

close your eyes until tomorrow Supporter

I'm heading to New Orleans next month for an ophthalmology conference. I'm joining two of my classmates and our two professors and it's going to be interesting. Hopefully the three of us get to do some fun stuff amidst all the ophthalmology stuff.

15. fastlife

Regular Supporter

I finally got around to going through all my pictures from my trip to Iceland last month. Here are a few of my favorite ones.

If any of you are planning a trip there and can't decide where to go, I highly recommend spending a couple days around the Snæfellsnes peninsula. Gorgeous.

16. muttley

The question, “what’s there to do in ____?” annoys me. The whole point of traveling to ____ is to simply be in ____.

17. Mr. Serotonin

Trip to SC/NC last weekend

Attached Files:

yeahrightdude and muttley like this.
  18. jorbjorb

7 rings

I recommend you all visit Montreal. What a fantastic city.

19. muttley

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  20. Mr. Serotonin

Hahaa, it definitely was. They don't call it Death Valley for nothin'.

muttley likes this.
  21. jorbjorb

7 rings

blows my mind how big these college/university stadiums are.

Our canadian CFL league is a joke lol.

Whatjuliansaid and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  22. Mr. Serotonin

Yeah man we have some 100k seaters!

jorbjorb likes this.
  23. muttley

I can’t decide where to go next year. I’m about to throw a dart at a globe.

24. jorbjorb

7 rings

Thailand!

Ryan Garner likes this.
  25. StevenW92

Regular

This year I’ve been to:
    Italy - A day in Venice and a day in Lake Garda
    Orlando - Two Weeks doing all Disney parks and Seaworld
    Cruise of The Canaries - A day in Tenerife, Gran Canaria, La Palma, Madeira, Agadir Morocco and Lanzarote

A nice variety of trips this year. A road trip to Italy over a long weekend, with brief stop in Sweden at a very expensive McDonald’s. Lake Garda was beautiful.

Second time in Orlando but was still as exciting as first time round. Got on all the best Disney rides plenty of times. First time at Seaworld and Aquatica. I preferred Aqautica to the Disney water parks. Plenty of new stuff added in Orlando since last April so hoping to get back in the next few years.

First time on a cruise ship this year. The highlights were Madeira, stunning views from everywhere and had a rum based local drink in a fishing village where Winston Churchill used to holiday, and Lanzarote, visiting Timanfaya National Park and getting a great day to spend a few hours on the beach. Being all inclusive on the ship definitely helped as entertainment on board was pretty light.

No idea where to head to this year. Hoping to get abroad 3 times next year. One probably a beach/pool holiday, another cruise and a short city break abroad to take in a football match.