Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Travel

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by muttley, Mar 17, 2016.

1. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

Talk about it. Where are you planning to go next?

2. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

If things work out well, I'm hoping for Iceland in October.

dharkins and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  3. muttley

4. Garrett

It does sound awful. "Ammonia rich smell, fishy taste" is an instant no-go for me. I've eaten some weird stuff while abroad, but I can't do ammonia.

muttley likes this.
  5. muttley

I'd probably pass on it, too. I like to think I'm that adventurous, but that's a really tall order. They were saying how the odor would linger for days.

6. Garrett

What are some of y'all's favorite destinations?

7. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I'm going to visit Los Angeles this summer, may be going to Cabo in August too (not likely). Wanting to save up for something more adventurous after that.

yourfaveweapon likes this.
  8. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

Well, for the honeymoon, I wanted to visit a bunch of Marxist related sites in England, Germany, Budapest, etc. But, my partner doesn't want to do that, so we are negotiating right now.

9. George

Trusted Prestigious

I've eaten Harkal! It's pretty bad, tastes like acidic piss. Probably the worst thing I've eaten.

I'm off to Amsterdam on Tuesday. Going to Nepal in October, and will probably go somewhere in the Summer - no concrete plans for that though.

10. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

I'm going to Disney World in a couple weeks. I need to get back to Thailand though. Or Vietnam.

Brent and yourfaveweapon like this.
  11. I'll be in Miami for five days next month, can't wait. Going with two of my best friends to stay with our other good friend who lives down there. It's a repeat of a trip they surprised me with last year for my "bro-by shower" (a baby shower, but for bros. basically a bachelor party because I had a baby before getting married because I am a sinner). Anyway, it was a blast last year so I'm really excited to spend time with them all again, I hope we make it an annual tradition.

12. Garrett

Budapest is awesome, if you ever get the chance to go there, @Dominick

13. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

Going to Portland in May, super excited - been wanting to visit for years.

dharkins likes this.
  14. Fucking Dustin

It's so much fun, I wish I could live there.

15. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

I'm afraid im going to go there and not want to leave...

16. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Where in LA are you going to be?

17. Fucking Dustin

I have no clue yet, still trying to get it all planned. There are people I know in all different areas so I have no idea where would be most convenient or where I'd spend most my time haha

18. muttley

I can totally afford to go to Mexico City for a few days right now. I don't know why that's where I want to go. Probably because it's inexpensive, full of culture, and Mexico is AZ's close neighbor. My family would be deathly afraid for my safety, though. I don't know how I can convince them it's nowhere near as bad as they think it is. It seems intimidating because I've never left the country but I think it would be a great experience.

Going somewhere in the US sounds boring compared to Mexico City. Something domestic might have to do, though, if something comes together at all.

19. muttley

You have to have a valid passport for 6 months before you can enter Mexico, so I guess that's the end of that. For now.

20. Stephen Young

Regular Prestigious

I wanna go back to Germany, specifically Berlin in the fall. Not sure how that'll work out considering I'm moving to the city in a couple months. Also wanna head over to Dublin. For now, I have a couple shows planned in Toronto, that's always fun.

21. Wall Of Arms

LIGHTEN UP, BUTTERCUP Prestigious

I am dying to do a "Stephen Fry In America" style road trip where it's just me, a companion and visiting every state by driving. Would be the dream to dedicate time to that.

22. muttley

Driving is my favorite way to get around. Like you said, though, it takes a lot of time.

23. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

If anyone has the funds and time, I would absolutely recommend traveling to Yangon and Bagan in Myanmar. Bagan is absolutely the most beautiful place where you can see over 2000 Buddhist monuments and temples within a 40km radius. Being relatively untouched by tourism, the people there are very friendly towards outsiders. Also, they love Obama.

24. muttley Mar 22, 2016
    (Last edited: Mar 22, 2016)
    muttley

The Myanmar episode of Parts Unknown was really good. I think. I might be getting it mixed up with another city.

25. Fucking Dustin

Should go all out and also find a way to drive to Hawaii

Kyle Huntington likes this.