Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Trash Boat - Nothing I Write You Can Change What You've Been Through (Hopeless; June 16, 2016) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SmithBerryCrunch, Apr 11, 2016.

1. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

It's really really good. I'd be surprised if anyone who liked pop-punk didn't like that album.

2. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Strangers is probably my favorite song on this.

3. Easily my favorite pop punk album of 2016 and probably from the past few years.

sonder likes this.
  4. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

They've posted a few write ups about some of the songs over the past few weeks.

I love when bands give us a little more insight like this. They have some really strong lyrics.

Yellowcard2006 likes this.
  5. tomtom94

Trusted

They did a secret opening act for Wonder Years when I saw them a couple of weeks ago, got to hear some of the album (which they didn't play when they supported Less Than Jake) and Strangers with Soupy which was so awesome.

6. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I keep coming back to this album. So good. The only songs I'm not a huge fan of are Second Wind and Pangea.

7. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

bedwettingcosmo likes this.
  8. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

9. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

This band is blowing up in the UK. Surprised this site hasn't caught on. Best pop-punk release this year and it's not even close.

zacooper and kyle like this.
  10. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

its hard coming up with anything else off the top of my head that beats it out.

11. tomtom94

Trusted

I'm gutted that their tour isn't coming anywhere near me. If Hopeless play this well then by the next album they're going to be in much bigger venues.

12. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I was luke warm on this album at first but now I keep going back to it. It's really grown on me and I agree that it's one of the best from the genre this year. The opener and closer are my favorite.

13. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Really fantastic album. Like the song insights.

14. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

15. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

So the lead singer Tobi just drove my friends really small hardcore band around the UK on a mini tour, just cause. What an absolutely solid dude.

16. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Also still listening to this all the time. Absolutely fantastic record.

17. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

so this band is really called Trash Boat huh?

18. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Yes, they are.

19. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Yes. And they're fantastic.

20. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

This is cool

21. 715creeks

Meet me in Montauk

I know I'm super late to this thread, but you put up a really good point. I can't get into anything that Neck Deep puts out. They definitely have a huge future ahead of them

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  22. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I loved Neck Deep's early EP's and saw them live loads around then. Their debut album was naff though. I really like the last album though, that was one of my favourite albums last year for sure.

23. 715creeks

Meet me in Montauk

I just have found these new pop punk bands like State Champs, Neck Deep, and Knuckle Puck to be very samey and kind of boring. That's just my opinion though. It was quite a relief to hear this Trash Boat album for the first time as it was very earnest, yet somehow fun and new.

24. josephcissell

Regular

Ok, I have to say that just in the past few days I decided to give this a proper shot and it’s blown me away. I do happen to like some of the other current generation pop punk bands that are less unique, but this seems generally to be a cut above. These guys know how to write a solid hook, which is a skill that seems strangely missing from way too many current pop punk bands (at least to my ears). The mixing on this album seems just about right and it serves the material so well. Loud enough to be fun and aggressive at times, but the vocals don’t get buried in the mix. I also like the mix between harder/faster and softer moments in the record. Very nicely balanced. Ordered the record from Hopeless yesterday and I look forward to spinning this through the winter!

25. 715creeks

Meet me in Montauk

Besides how talented this band is, the biggest take away for me is how great Dan Campbell is in the producer chair. Kind of weird that Dan isn't producing TWY's stuff. Especially the mixing on the last album.

josephcissell likes this.