Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Trash Boat - Nothing I Write You Can Change What You've Been Through (Hopeless; June 16, 2016) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SmithBerryCrunch, Apr 11, 2016.

1. SmithBerryCrunch Apr 11, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 11, 2016)
    SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Debut album from UK pop punk band releasing on June 17th via Hopeless Records. Album was produced by Soupy from The Wonder Years

Album trailer:

First single featuring guest vocals from Soupy:

2. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Cover of Everlong by Foo Fighters they did while in the studio

3. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

New single

4. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

bradsonemanband likes this.
  5. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I got this album yesterday and I've probably listened to it about 6 or 7 times front-to-back since then. This band shows a lot of promise. They're easily the best new-wave British pop-punk band. Everything on here is way better than anything in Neck Deep or Roam's entire catalogues. "Tring Quarry" alone is one of my favorite songs I've heard in a while.

Looking forward to where they go from here for sure.

715creeks likes this.
  6. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Super excited to check this full thing out. I think they've definitely got some talent. The vocals bother me at times though. He's really hard to understand at times.

7. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I actually don't mind his voice. It was a bit hard to understand when I first listened to them but I think I've gotten used to it.

8. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Never heard of this band until this album. Album really surprised me, very solid pop-punk. Only heard a handful of songs but I'm gonna buy the album.

9. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I quite enjoy this. It seems to have something extra that many other current pop punk bands don't possess.

10. tomtom94

Trusted

I will fully admit I dismissed this band unfairly when I saw them on Kerrang, thought they were little more than a Story So Far rip-off they were only pushing to capitalise on the pop-punk boom. When I checked out Strangers it was more in hope than expectation (and mostly just because of Dan) - but it completely blew me away. It's been a while since we saw pop-punk with this much of an emotional core and certainly not on a debut album.

I don't think the vocals are quite as strong as the songwriting wants them to be just yet but that just shows how bright this band's future is.

11. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

This has been growing on me a lot. Some of the songs miss for me but a lot of this is great. His voice is growing on me a lot too.

12. stuckinvhs

Social Justice Wizard Prestigious

I really really like this. Is it just me or do the vocals sometimes remind you of older Sum 41?

bradsonemanband likes this.
  13. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I can definitely see that comparison. Hopefully more people start checking this album out. I think a lot of people will be pleasantly surprised. I like the lyrics a lot on this.

14. Jose

weightless in the valley

What are the thoughts on the production of this record? Haven't had a chance to dig into it but that's my main worry with it.

15. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

this is actually super good.

16. LosManosFuertes

Love This Place Supporter

I didn't have a problem with it. It might just be me, but I have a hard time understanding what he's singing. The sound was good though. I thought it was nuanced enough to not have that "wall of sound" feel or whatever.

17. partyscene

my holy ghost is hovering over me

Yeah this is actually really good, I was bit of skeptical about their music and expecting another The Story So Far rip off, but they've proved me wrong.

FTank likes this.
  18. bedwettingcosmo

this is hooky as fuck. i'm super into it this weekend.

19. Jose

weightless in the valley

Much better than I anticipated. There's certain moments I don't love just because of the way his voice sounds but overall very solid, better than a lot of new wave pop punk.

FTank likes this.
  20. bedwettingcosmo

this is seriously great. filled with hooks throughout. the first 5 songs are killer. the chorus on guise of a mother is one of the catchiest things i've heard all year.

definitely a standout release in recent memory for the genre IMO

partyscene likes this.
  21. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

This is basically the best pop-punk release in 2016. By a long way too.

Strangers, Tring Quarry, Eleven & The Guise of A Mother are my favourites, although there isn't a single bad song on here.

22. bedwettingcosmo

100% agree. packed with hooks and sing alongs. the guise of a mother is definitely my fav. top 5 for me this year.

23. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Shout out to the song Pangaea too for being a lot of fun.

24. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I would've agreed, but then I heard the Direct Hit! album.

Jose likes this.
  25. bedwettingcosmo

guess i'll have to check that one out. haven't found a lot of sing along summer albums like this one.