Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Trash Boat - Crown Shyness (July 20, 2018) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Anthony_, May 14, 2018.

1. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

I’m getting some Rise Against vibes on this new album. Very cool!

SamLevi11 likes this.
  2. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I love when Tobi fully screams, he has a scream like a damn cement mixer compared to most other vocalists in pop punk who try it. You can really tell that he is immersed in the UKHC scene.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  3. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

This and the new Trophy Eyes will consume me.

4. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

this is good. very good

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  5. Windowsdown

Love it as well, I'm glad they didn't soften their sound too much. The UK scene is really something else at the moment.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  6. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

This isn't doing much for me unfortunately.

7. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

controlled burn is a jammer

Saephon likes this.
  8. tomtom94

Trusted

I was only just able to get a listen this morning.

The opening stretch is fantastic. The title track is devastating. Everything after that doesn't really grab me. The whole thing sounds occasionally like they're trying too hard to be "h4rdc0r3" but for the most part it's really good, if perhaps not as good as it could have been.

9. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Last album was much more immediate for me, gonna give it a few more listens cause I'm not feeling it initially.

10. GageStillAlive

Still Alive Supply Co. Supporter

This album took a few listens for me to get into as much as Nothing I Write You Can Change What You've Been Through but I really came around to it. Saw them yesterday at Warped and was really impressed with Tobi's live vocals.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  11. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah this is less immediate than their debut but I think it's just as good. They ALWAYS crush it live too.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  12. Saephon

Regular

This album sounds like Comeback Kid's younger, pop-punk brother. I mean that in the most flattering way possible. These songs will be killer live.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  13. btr

Trusted Supporter

Need to check this out asap. They crushed it at Warped this week and the new songs sounded tight.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  14. oldboot

Regular

Thought the first album was ace and now I'm really digging this. I saw them for the first time at Warped last Friday and it was epic. Would love to see them play a longer set. Currently sitting in my living room listening to this on vinyl stoned as balls with my two dogs. Have some thoughts

First two songs are awesome, but I really love Shade. Though now that I'm sitting down with the lyrics I don't know how I heard "does your color become shade?" when it is clearly "lose your color, become shade".

I love the guitars in the intro of Nothing New. The song itself has it's moments but the first 15 seconds is definitely fun

Chorus of Old Soul is awesome. It reminds me of a Wonder Years song that I can't put my finger on at the moment.

Controlled Burn--I think what I like about this album and band in general is that the last song gave me Wonder Years vibes and this one gives me straight fuckin Gallows vibes. I love it when bands can pull off the transition between the big pop-punk hooks and the hardcore grit

Don't Open Your Eyes is fun. I can't tell if the lyric "I wish I didn't remember my dreams, like my dreams remember me" is deep as fuck or just bad. Not a bad song, but pretty standard fare

Crown Shyness is solid. It's interesting to me, as someone who grew up on this music in the early-2000s, how the scene went from glorifying depression/the beauty in the breakdown when now a lot of bands seem to be trying to dismantle the stigma about it. I don't know if acoustic songs really fit Trash Boat (some bands of this ilk can pull it off) but I like what they went for here. I like what this song is trying to be I just wish it were better

I like Silence, though "with your words you cannot comfort me...i am uncomfortable" sounds like it was taken from Man Overboard's diaries. I do really like the song though, the guitars are awesome and Tobi can fuckin scream

Undermine--the closer is a good combo to end it. Maybe it's the roundabout way the "love, hate, react, relate" reminds me of "live, love, burn die," from the Atreyu days but I kind of dig it. Caps off the album in a nice way.

Album definitely leaves me wanting a bit more. I think this band has the potential to put out a great album; can't wait to see what they do next. 6.5/10. Thanks for reading

15. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Been enjoying this one lately. Excited to check out their debut still haven't heard it.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  16. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Go check out the review someone did in the CMCS thread just now, it was my recommendation and they enjoyed it a lot.

It's a fantastic album!

17. tomtom94

Trusted

Fallen hard for this album over the past week or so. Helps that I realised that Undermine is basically Tring Quarry 2.0 and I really, really like Controlled Burn.

Does anyone know what/who the recording at the beginning of the album (Inside Out) is from?

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  18. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

Old Soul and Crown Shyness have popped out to me as the bangers on this album. Love the whole thing though, especially them really putting their hardcore influences on display.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  19. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

I tweeted the band and it is Joan Crawford answering an interview question in the 60's.

tomtom94 likes this.
  20. btr

Trusted Supporter

More people need to listen to this band/album.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  21. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

22. tomtom94

Trusted

It's such a perfect framing device for the album. Kudos to whoever dug it up.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  23. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Damn that dog looks regal.

Colin Your Enthusiasm likes this.
  24. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

sonder likes this.
  25. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Tobi is on the new Weatherstate album which is a really good debut record from a young British band and you should check it out. It's a bit more influenced by early Green Day than these (they even parodied the Basket Case video for the lead single)

bachna84 and sonder like this.