Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Trash Boat - Crown Shyness (July 20, 2018) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Anthony_, May 14, 2018.

1. Anthony_ May 14, 2018
    (Last edited: May 15, 2018)
    Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

[​IMG]

The sophomore full-length from UK pop-punk outfit Trash Boat, produced by Andrew Wade.

Track List
    1. Inside Out
    2. Shade
    3. Nothing New
    4. Old Soul
    5. Controlled Burn
    6. Don't Open Your Eyes
    7. Crown Shyness
    8. Silence
    9. Undermine
    10. Love, Hate, React, Relate

Pre-Orders: Trash Boat

2. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

registering.

3. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

here for this

4. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

[​IMG]

Cool album art

5. Anthony_ May 14, 2018
    (Last edited: May 14, 2018)
    Anthony_

I knew I was forgetting something in the OP. Yeah it's a pretty great piece of art that goes along with the album title for sure. I didn't even know about crown shyness until today, it's such an interesting phenomenon.

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  6. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

My anticipation for this album is through the roof. So hyped.
    [​IMG]

7. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Like the new song. It's not quite up there with Strangers but it's a strong single and I like that they have kept their interest in hardcore and those influences are still obvious in the music.

bedwettingcosmo likes this.
  8. tomtom94

Trusted

Not 100% behind Shade but I'll say this, Tobi's vocals have improved massively from the first album.

9. Anthony_

@Drew Beringer glad you’re enjoying it! This is what I want to see.

Drew Beringer likes this.
  10. tomtom94

Trusted

New song Wednesday

11. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Very pumped!

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  12. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

13. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I dig this as usual. Seems like this song shows off his improved singing at points. I like that they have kept the aggression.

14. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

Pretty underwhelmed by this one.

15. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

16. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I think I like this. I was worried after the intro that this would be really poppy. Thankfully not. Liked the aggressive tone again, but not sure the chorus hits like it should really. Hoping it grows.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  17. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

Something that (for me) separates TB from a lot of the other newish bands in the genre is my ability to relate to the band's vocals. I've found that as I've gotten older it's harder and harder for me to relate to the newer bands due to the age gap between myself and the band members. However, I've never had that with TB. This new song hits home 100% both sonically and lyrically.

AWasteOfATime likes this.
  18. tomtom94

Trusted

There's the big chorus that Shade and Inside Out were lacking.

19. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

drip

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  20. Not digging the songs with a radio rock feel to them on this record, but when they nail the post-hardcore/emo sound it's really nice. They sound similar to Movements at those points, which is both a good and bad thing in terms of creating their own sound. Shade, Old Soul, Don't Open Your Eyes, Crown Shyness, Undermine, and the closing song are all great tracks. I think the highs on this record are higher than the last record, but the lows are also lower. A lot of growing pains here. At least that's my initial impression.

21. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I thought I remembered liking the last record more, but this is pretty much totally disposable to me. oh well

22. Haven't bothered with the leak but I finally gave the singles a chance... bangers. Absolutely hated this band's old stuff but this Boston Manor type thing they're doing is cool. Then again, why not just listen to Boston Manor?

23. I forgot this was coming. I liked their debut so I’ll give this a shot.

24. I mean, I like some TB songs and pretty much dislike every BM song I've heard so there's definitely a difference between the two.

25. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

This rips. I loved their last album and this is a continuation with some obvious growth. Really enjoying this.

Also Trash Boat are more hardcore leaning, whilst Boston Manor are more emo/alt rock leaning for me. Both bands are fantastic on record but especially live.

Nate_Johnson likes this.