Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Trash Boat Burglarized in Chicago

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Of course they were. Freaking Chicago, man. Pisses me off so much. I don't understand how a beautiful city like can be such a shitty place. Feel bad for those guys.

defmytones likes this.
  3. kidinthebushes

Trusted

My brother's girlfriend's car got broken into last night.

4. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

It's always Chicago. I love it here but it's always Chicago.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  5. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

This really sucks. Hope they can recover some of the stuff.

6. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

this always sucks and I hate to be that guy, but too many good artists/bands have gotten their stuff stolen out of their vehicles. Is bringing your valuables into the venue too much to ask?

defmytones and cosmickid like this.
  7. I feel like that doesn't address the overarching issue, i.e. it blames the victim, but honestly if I was on tour this is what I'd do.

8. defmytones

Regular

To be fair, in some of these venues I'm sure its probably even more sketchy having it out in the open somewhere in the backroom.

9. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

I didn't want to say it, but it's such a grim reality. It's ignorant of me because I don't tour but something's got to give.

What about behind the merch table? Someone is always there right? Or backpacks behind the drummer during the set?

10. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Such a good band too. I hate that it happens so often, and that it happened to a band who put out such a great record last year.

11. Iamhollywood315

Regular

I don't feel bad for the dumbass that leaves a laptop in an unattended van. Hell even when I was in college I never even left my laptop in my dorm. Take that shit inside the venue or hotel room. People lack common sense especially being in cities like Chicago or Detroit or St. Louis.

12. Timmiluvs

I play video games fast Prestigious

Congrats on making one of the worst posts Ive read this week.

Have a gold star :star:

farva2, coleslawed and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  13. Iamhollywood315 Apr 16, 2017
    (Last edited: Apr 16, 2017)
    Iamhollywood315

Regular

Triggered! Seriously why are you getting offended. People get stuff stolen that don't take precautions. Man you're a softy with the overdramatics

14. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I don't think he's offended. He's just saying your post is shitty.

15. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Triggered! Seriously why are you getting offended? People get called out for shitty posts when they make them. Man, you're a softy with the overdramatics.

16. Iamhollywood315 Apr 16, 2017
    (Last edited: Apr 16, 2017)
    Iamhollywood315

Regular

why, because I'm not giving sympathy to a guy that got his stuff stolen for not being more cautious? or because i name dropped a few cities that have a lot of crime where you should take more cautious measures? this is the only site I visit where people get bent out of shape about the smallest of things. some of you need some tough love instead of being coddled. People that make poor choices about how they take care of valuables I'm gonna call out.

17. Timmiluvs

I play video games fast Prestigious

:star: :star:

muttley likes this.
  18. BradBradley

Regular

First they break into all of the cars. Now even the BOATS aren't safe? Smh.

19. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Assuming they were parked near the Bottom Lounge where their show with NFG took place, this isn't surprising. It's just due east of some of the shadier areas in the city in an industrial area. I've always had second thoughts about using street parking around there for shows at Bottom Lounge and Cobra.

therookielot likes this.
  20. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

underrated post imo

21. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

That's a bummer. Bottom Lounge is my fav venue right next to the iconic Metro.

That being said, every time I go into the city I do some prayer rituals. I just feel like everyone should be guaranteed safety no matter where they go. I do remember a few years back I almost got car jacked after a Spitalfield reunion show at The Beat Kitchen. My buddy was wasted, we got back to my car and I'm setting up my GPS to go back to the burbs and my buddy goes "Hey this guy wants to talk to you" and started rolling down the window.

I had a gut instinct that this guy didn't just want to talk to me. I stopped the window from rolling down and the guy was like "hey you guys from around here" Starts lifting up his shirt, and thats when I booked it. I never worked my way out of a parallel parked spot so quickly in my life. Dude punches my window, waives a gun around.

Biggest adrenaline rush of my life. My friend kept apologizing, but I was just laughing

22. AshlandATeam

Trusted

Full disclosure: I've never heard of the band 'Trash Boat.' I literally thought someone had broken into a boat that carried trash from place to place (which I'm not sure is a thing! But would be interesting). I really wanted to know what that was all about.

coleslawed and SmithBerryCrunch like this.
  23. There are definitely giant trash barges that transport garbage. There is also a band named Trash Boat named after a Regular Show joke. So, best of both worlds?

AshlandATeam likes this.
  24. Iamhollywood315

Regular

nice! You awarded me a second star. I hope I can get my third soon. see ya in another thread!

Timmiluvs likes this.