Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Transit Band • Page 8

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SamLevi11, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

If you're offering it for a reasonable price I'd consider it but as someone who has seen it go for over $300 you can get a lot more for it then I'd be willing to pay haha.

2. JoshIsMediocre

The ocean's awesome, and for winners Supporter

Yeah I feel weird about it, like I think it’s nuts for anyone to pay that much for a Transit record (as much as I like them!) but if someone is willing to pay it I feel like I should let them? I’ve never posted it on discogs or anything lol

Mister Lyrical likes this.
  3. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

I sold my copy of Joyride way too soon, I wish I could've capitalized on the crazy people willing to pay hundreds for it. I still really don't get the freak out over it. The album felt like a failed attempt to course correct off of Young New England without Tim, and it was obviously missing some of the magic from the Listen and Forgive days.

4. Oviedotiger

Regular

Was really wanting Joyride but got listen and forgive. Hopefully they will do a second pressing but I doubt it!

5. Chcurry182

Trusted Supporter

Spinning Listen & Forgive for the first time in a while. This is one of those albums where every time I hear a song from it I am instantly transported back to the fall of my freshmen year of college. It will always hold a special place.

upload_2023-5-11_14-46-33.jpeg

6. Micah511

Yep. 2011 is my favorite year of music, so many albums that just make memories of college flood back. This, Fireworks' Gospel, TWY Suburbia, B&C Separation, Dangerous Summer War Paint, and so many more.

7. j0nnymarrzbar

Regular

Yup.

L&F and Joyride both hold a special place in my heart. L&F came out around the time I got my first real job and I repeatedly spun that record on the train to and from work. Joyride came out when I moved out of home for the first time and instantly reminds of that house and that summer.

Matt Metzler likes this.
  8. dzyjay

Regular

❤️

9. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

TRANSit

Matt Metzler, dzyjay and Crisp X like this.
  10. satellitexyears

Death Touches Us, From the Moment we Begin to Love Supporter

I'll second you on dusting this one off.

This brings me back to being me being 28 and living in downtown Toronto. Recently getting married and just living life. Can't tell you how many times me and my wife jammed this one back then.

Transit, Fireworks, The Dangerous Summer, The Wonder Years, Balance and Composure, Title Fight, La Dispute, Defeater, Sharks, Hostage Calm... There was a good run of bands back then!

20230604_184217.jpg

11. Ricky's Law

This is a damn fine cup of coffee.

I went down a rabbit hole earlier and discovered that the producer of Listen and Forgive got arrested a few years ago for running a substantial drug ring in and out of his studio. Maybe this is common knowledge in these parts, but it was pretty shocking.

tyler2tall and popdisaster00 like this.
  12. Isn't he the guitarist's brother too? I feel like I remember him being quite unhinged during the Young New England debacle, making death threats against ap.net members.

13. Micah511

Yeah Gary Cioffi. Here's an article.

Police: Recording studio was base for marijuana trafficking | Local News | salemnews.com

The more I learn about this band, the less I find myself being able to go back to Listen and Forgive, especially hearing the line, "Every critic is every cynic who lacks the drive and heart to do what I've done. So they rip and tear it apart."

14. dzyjay

Regular

15. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

Also is it just me or is it currently “Listen & Frogive” on streaming? lol

16. dzyjay

Regular

Tim gone and Ella going through a transition. Weed is clearly a focus...

17. dzyjay

Regular

Listen and Forgive is on all streaming services as far as I know

18. satellitexyears

Death Touches Us, From the Moment we Begin to Love Supporter

The only difference is.... You listen and Frogive.

Screenshot_20231108_213715_Spotify.jpg

Matt Metzler likes this.
  19. dzyjay

Regular

This band has gone through death and a genre transition we are still obsessed with YNE reviews? lol

20. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

“Boston never drinks alone” still gets stuck in my head

dzyjay likes this.
  21. dzyjay

Regular

Please let me know why this was necessary to post? Tim is dead and Ella is going through genre transition. Why are you tearing a band thats gone through so much over weed from a studio they recorded at? Such a gross post.

22. JoshIsMediocre

Really don’t think Micah said anything that “out of line,” just pointed out that dumb lyric makes the band sound like, idk, babies?

not sure why YNE was brought up

Unless there’s someone posting in here that I’ve blocked, seems weirder to respond to Micah’s 5 month old post out of the blue

OhTheWater likes this.
  23. dzyjay

Regular

I just think its gross to shit on a band going through so much. Tim is dead and ella is transitioning into a woman. But ya lets shit on them cause weed was found at a studio they recorded at....

24. JoshIsMediocre

Micah’s comment (again, which was posted 5 months ago) was 3 weeks after the post about Ella’s transition. I really don’t see why you’re getting upset about this.

GrantCloud likes this.
  25. JoshIsMediocre

Doesn’t seem to show up that way on Apple Music, weird