Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Transit Band • Page 7

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SamLevi11, Nov 28, 2017.

1. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Randomly stumbled across Transit again tonight and damn I miss Tim and Transit.

Orla, WashedOut, beachdude and 2 others like this.
  2. Suddenly remembering how much they dominated 2011 with the Something Left Behind EP, the Promise Nothing 7" and then Listen & Forgive later that year. And Keep This To Yourself was still freshly released back then. What a run.

Orla, Micah511, beachdude and 5 others like this.
  4. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

remember when this band let No Good News open for them on their final tour?

I remember.

5. WashedOut

No interest in Joe's new project but I spoke to one of the Cold Collective guys recently and they confirmed that a new album is still in the works and will be released later this year. Need me some more of Tim's tunes.

6. Jbent Feb 25, 2021
    (Last edited: Feb 25, 2021)
    Jbent

Trusted

Dudes got a notorious ego (in my area) for such low talent (imo)

Edit: acknowledging transit did, in fact tour with NGN

7. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Yeah he was never the main draw of Transit IMO

WashedOut likes this.
  8. Anthony_

The whole band allowed No Good News to open for them though, so it's not just him

Carrow likes this.
  9. mynamesgeneric

Regular

No one was acknowledging your post in their replies

10. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

That's kind've the point that he's making, lol! It's been ignored since it happened.

11. Anthony_

I know right? Pretty fucked up honestly! Totally agree with you there.

12. Micah511

I mean, is anyone really advocating supporting the band member's new projects? The only support I'm seeing is for their past laurels.

13. Anthony_

well i mean, setting aside that their past work is tainted by the fact they chose to share their stage with an actual rapist, the thread literally got bumped because someone posted about a band member's new project, so

14. Jbent

Trusted

Sorry if I was not clear yes, fuck transit for touring with and promoting NGN. Definitely a shit move

15. Anthony_

.....so....you....weren't....the most recent....bump...?

but also who cares about their music, they're buds with a rapist

16. Oviedotiger

Regular

Was listening to my old Transit records and only missing Joyride, anyone in here have one for sell or know where to snag one? Can't find it anywhere...

17. Micah511

Apparently Joyride is a grail amongst pop punk fans/big fans of this band. See it go for crazy numbers. Wild to me since people didn't really like it when it came out.

sawhney[rusted]2 and Oviedotiger like this.
  18. They only did one pressing and it was like 2k copies so yeah it’s tough.

Pro tip: don’t overpay for one. I’ve heard they’ll do a second press for it eventually.

Oviedotiger likes this.
  19. WashedOut

Cold Collective record coming on 12/3, can't wait to finally hear these songs

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  20. WashedOut

Tim Landers posthumous Cold Collective album came out today. Love their first record and tried limit my expectations for this one knowing it was made from demos but really digging it so far.

21. dzyjay

Regular

Really liking this as well. So nice to hear something new from Tim. RIP

j0nnymarrzbar and WashedOut like this.
  22. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

The weather is cooling off, so it’s time to put Listen & Forgive back in rotation

RIP Tim, you’re missed

23. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

Joyride and Listen & Forgive just got represses put up by Rise. Joyride is already gone and now I'm just bummed.

Oviedotiger likes this.
  24. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

Though they've got Misser's album still in stock so at least there's some upside.

25. JoshIsMediocre

The ocean's awesome, and for winners Supporter

Not to sound like a greedy capitalist but I’ve got Joyride with the alternate sleeve that’s just sitting on my shelf. Opened but maybe played less than 5 times