Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Transit Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SamLevi11, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

Weirdly noticed today that The Answer Comes in Time on Spotify is not on the normal version of Listen & Forgive, but it's on the Re-Issue.

2. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

If I recall it was originally only included on physical copies

3. drewinseries

Drew

Seeing this band in VFW halls across Massachusetts was such a staple of me moving on from high school to college. The first friend I made in college was because he was wearing a Transit shirt.

4. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I joined my college radio station because my now friend recognized my Transit shirt at the activities fair and said I should join.

5. CAC3

Dog

I somehow missed Transit until after they had broken up. With that being said, I think Joyride and Listen & Forgive are equally amazing. Young New England doesn't do it for me like the other two albums. Any chance this band ever makes music again?

RIP to Tim, I am thankful for your music.

6. heythanksman

Southern Belles

Listen to Keep This To Yourself and This Will Not Define Us, both albums are amazing! But new music isn't happening sadly.

7. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Due to current events, I thought this song was appropriate based on the title:

8. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Been listening to these guys a ton lately. Never gave Joyride a chance when it dropped.

I actually really enjoy Young New England...

sonder and slowheart like this.
  9. Same. I have a lot of great memories with that record

aspeedomodel likes this.
  10. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

Never understood the hate for YNE. The album was dope. People are weird.

Orla and aspeedomodel like this.
  11. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

I honestly think the drama w/ the AP review and their response soured people on them. I enjoyed the album a fair amount. It's not their best though.

12. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Not a great record but it has some decent songs. If only the production wasn't total dogshit, it would be viewed more kindly.

waking season likes this.
  13. Crisp X Mar 18, 2020
    (Last edited: Jul 6, 2020)
    I still can't get into it. The production highlights Joe's limited vocal range in the worst way possible, as well as sucking the energy out of the rest of the band.

14. Joe was just on an IG live and mentioned he’s been writing music w/ some of the members of Long Lost. Will be a separate project and no dates or anything but still cool. That long lost album was pretty solid

15. mynamesgeneric

Regular

16. Jdfleming89

RIP ETID Supporter

The hate that young New England gets is I think due to part that it’s 1. A concept album and 2. The fact that it came right after the biggest record that launched their career. Being from New England myself, I love that record. I can hear all the different New England seasons portrayed in the songs. I became a transit fan right after listen and forgive came out, and so when the YNE singles came out, I could tell the feel was different, but the appreciation was still there. Walking down the cobbled streets in Boston, spending long summer days at the lake, the cold dreary weather of early spring and late fall days, just as the seasons change, nothing lasts forever. This record holds its own amongst the others.

boo7er and smowashere like this.
  17. j0nnymarrzbar

Regular

YNE production is so off putting but I appreciate what they were going for.

Orla likes this.
  18. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

been listenign to so much Misser in the last month.

goddammit tim.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  19. cherrywaves

Trusted

I disliked YNE so much that I never gave Joyride a chance, but I had also cooled on Listen and Forgive very quickly so I just had no motivation to keep going

20. dzyjay

Regular

Love that misser record so much!

y2jayjk likes this.
  21. With Keep This To Yourself turning 10 next month, I'm excited to go through another discography run. I'll always be grateful for them soundtracking my first high school year and beyond.

Oskarr likes this.
  22. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Joyride was actually my introduction to them. I love it. I originally checked it out because people were shitting on it.

23. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Listen and Forgive is still an important record for me. It showed me a pop punk album could be more than by the numbers from a guitar standpoint.

24. dzyjay

Regular

As if KTTY is turning 10. Very stoked for that Tim documentary to drop, I’m sure it’s been heavily delayed due to covid though.

25. Yeah Keep This To Yourself holds up. Plus it sounds much better with headphones than with the crappy earphones I had in high school. The snare isn't driving me crazy anymore! I love how aggressive the guitar work is at times, even compared to other pop punk bands of that time.

dzyjay likes this.