Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Transit Band • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SamLevi11, Nov 28, 2017.

1. drummerAVA

Trusted

I miss a nice Michigan autumn... definitely feel those fall vibes with Transit, for sure.

sonder likes this.
  2. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

"Yes, Tim contributed to the writing process of Joyride but Torre did play all of the guitars."

Maybe what you're remembering was a demo or something? Or a live version as someone mentioned. I'm not sure.

3. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I have such strong memories attached to this band. I only discovered them in December 2012, so a year after the release of Listen & Forgive. At the same time I discovered Transatlanticism by Death Cab and so these albums are heavily intertwined for me.

We had a REALLY snowy Christmas period in the UK and I had just started dating a girl. I was in my first year of uni and she was in her last year at sixth form (last year of school for Americans). I was home for the month of January and used to listen to this album walking back from hers through the snow and so despite this not really sounding like it, it's a real winter album for me and reminds me of a really cool period of my life. Dated her for four years so the album is a little bittersweet but I also had some great moments with my friends listening to this album at festivals and hang outs and it means I have a really strange set of associations.

Gonna go spin it now, I think.

sonder and Petit nain des Îles like this.
  4. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Track List:
    1. Man Overboard “For the world”
    2. Casa Loma “Stay Home”
    3. The Story So Far “Outbound”
    4. Elder Brother “Long Lost Friends”
    5. Elder Brother “Skipping stone”
    6. Misser “Burnout”

Keep Shining On
    Six song EP contains covers done by close friends and bandmates of Tim Landers, who passed away in February of this year. 100% of the proceeds will go to Hope For The Day. Hope for the Day achieves proactive suicide prevention by providing outreach and mental health education through self-expression platforms. It's ok not to be ok, have hope. For more information visit: Hope For The Day

5. drummerAVA

Trusted

The Answer Comes In Time came on shuffle the other day... That’s a good song...

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  6. mynamesgeneric

Regular

These covers are top notch, I've been waiting for this

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  7. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

This is rad. Elder Brother is so good.

sonder likes this.
  8. these covers are all fantastic

9. tssf92

Parker has come such a long way with his vocals.

10. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

Who is Casa Loma? Can't find anything about them

11. Nik from MO

y2jayjk likes this.
  12. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

Brad's cover of Burnout made me cry. Him and Tim were teasing doing Misser stuff shortly before he passed and I remember getting so excited after loving everything they did together. Cut to a few weeks later and I heard the horrible news, RIP Tim.

13. kkhawk24

Whole covers album is fantastic. Skipping stone in particular blew me away.

14. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah very good all of them

15. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

The Burnout “cover” is something. Wow.

y2jayjk and waking season like this.
  16. heythanksman

Southern Belles

Transit shows are a HUGE part of my high school memories. I met my high school girlfriend Jen during their show at the Stoneham White Church with Title Fight and The Front Page (Man Overboard's old band) in 08. She was the door girl marking peoples hands haha! Guys don't sleep on the first full length: This Will Not Define Us. Easily as good as KTTYS. Had the honor of playing with these guys a few times, and they were the most easy going likable dudes considering they were 17 year olds who played in a truly well received band. Here is a couple tracks off This Will Not Define Us

Rule of Nines

For the World

17. abcdefg123

Regular

I couldn't find anything on him/them either. I'm assuming you're not saying he's someone from Missouri.

Not being sarcastic here. I'm terrible with abbreviations. It often takes me a while to figure out obvious ones.

18. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

Made a playlist of all the versions of each song with the covers and gonna enjoy it today. Man I miss Tim more than I thought

19. dzyjay

Regular

This whole thing is amazing. Wow.

astereo likes this.
  20. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

It’s Nik from Man Overboard. It’s his solo project and this is his first track he’s released.

y2jayjk and abcdefg123 like this.
  21. abcdefg123

Regular

Yeah, I never would have figured that out. Haha.

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  22. heythanksman

Southern Belles

Long live Tim, Long live Transit. :heart:

Haverhill, MA 12/26/09

Allston, MA 05/09/09 (A Loss For Words - The Kids Can't Lose Record Release)

23. congruence

Got a light?

Most of their old music is too nostalgic and bittersweet for me to listen to, so many memories attached from a time I wish could have lasted forever...

24. dzyjay

Regular

The feels of this post.

congruence likes this.
  25. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

It was a little bittersweet to see them among my most played artists of the decade on Spotify

Petit nain des Îles likes this.