Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Transit Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SamLevi11, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Ed59_

Regular

I love Tim's vocals on this one.

drummerAVA, astereo, Oskarr and 2 others like this.
  2. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

so incredibly fucking sad. wow. Tim was one of the first band guys i spent any time with at shows/fests etc and he was so fucking nice and humble. this was pre-L&F so i think he was in a much different place.

back when Misser released their first demo tape, it was only available on cassette. i messaged him on twitter to see if i could buy the mp3s directly and he said no, but then offered to email them to me. i never felt comfortable sharing them before, but it feels like they should be out there now. they're attached via Mediafire below because i'm 100 and idk what the new better filesharing sites are

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/l372vogbrboa7/Misser

rip Tim :heart:

3. mynamesgeneric

Regular

This fucking kills, he had seemed like he had turned a corner so this really catches me off guard. Transit was the band of that wave that always stood out to me the most, likely due to Tim's songwriting.

SincerelyEmma likes this.
  4. SincerelyEmma

Sad news. So many fond memories of growing up in Massachusetts going to their shows and driving around singing along to Transit with my high school friends.

waking season likes this.
  5. currytheword

Trusted

You could likely remember seeing them play Bogies and house shows on Myrtle practically monthly with bands like A Loss For Words, Such Gold, Man Overboard, Caleb Lionheart, The Wonder Years, etc etc. I'm pretty sure I could say I even watched State Champs open for them. An integral part of my memories in those years.

Shrek likes this.
  6. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

you bet, man. i miss those years. i wish i took more advantage of all those shows.

currytheword likes this.
  7. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I have too many thoughts to put into words right now but Transit defined my senior year of high school and freshman year of college. I’ll never forget walking around campus the day Listen and Forgive came out. So many good memories seeing Transit play in NH/MA in high school. This hurts.

8. kkhawk24

Hard to process this. So sad on so many levels.. Transit and Misser got me through some tough times in college and grad school. Keep This to Yourself is the gateway record that got me into the newer wave of this genre and all the bands that came with it. That first Misser record will always be one of my favorites of that era. I still have the copy Tim signed after they played the Barbary in Philly hung on my wall. RIP

9. kkhawk24

Man, I remember that release week like it was yesterday. Spent the entire week listening to that album with my friend while driving around campus and then got to see them two days later open for Saves the Day and Bayside and they were unreal.

10. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Was this the show they played with Diamond Youth? I was there too!

11. kkhawk24

My bad on that first reply. Yea it was! I think Diamond Youth got stuck in traffic so they actually went on after Misser.

waking season likes this.
  12. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

That’s the one! That was a really fun show.

kkhawk24 likes this.
  13. currytheword

Trusted

My ex and I have been talking all day regarding this. Our relationship essentially started out of that music scene and attending those shows together. It's been a day.

14. It's hard for me to explain how much this band and Misser meant to me for a long time. Tim talked to me about depression and addiction once after a show at the Barbary in Philly and that really meant a lot to me then and looking back it certainly means a lot more now.

It's a really sad day.

15. Oskarr

Needled 24/7

16. j0nnymarrzbar

Regular

Heartbreaking news. Hopefully in time, his friends and family will find peace and solace in the fact that his music changed the lives of many people (myself included). Listen and Forgive is a brutal listen atm :(

17. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I tried listening to Stay Home and could only make it through the second track

18. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

So sad. Listen and Forgive was a turning point for my musical tastes, and I really enjoyed most of his work. Very talented musician. Rest easy.

19. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I listened to 'Outbound' in honor. Afer that I had to turn them off.

beachdude, Oskarr and waking season like this.
  20. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Just finished listening to their entire discography today. Damn. Forgot how much I love this band. RIP Tim.

21. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I hope you find your way back home

22. Stephen Young

Regular Prestigious

I don't know much else about transit as people but I was kinda holding out for some kind of reunion some day. Like these guys were so good at one point I figured they'd come back and drop an L&F style record with Tim. These guys had an insane amount of potential to be something big, and I feel like this is the most terrible closing chapter of a band who was on the cusp of greatness

23. jorbjorb

7 rings

RIP Tim. Gonna spin these guys today.

24. jorbjorb

7 rings

25. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

I always thought this was the most gorgeous piece of work Tim made:

Incredible and distinctive songwriter, in a genre where that's hard to come by.

My heart goes out to his friends and family. Heartbreaking.