Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Transit Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SamLevi11, Nov 28, 2017.

1. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Massachusetts pop punk/indie band who disbanded after five albums and four EP's in 2016.

Was listening to these guys today and realised how much I missed them. Listen & Forgive is still incredible.

skurt likes this.
  2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

get this gross band thread out of here, fuck this band for parading harry corrigan and JJR on stage during their last shows

3. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Wait what?

skurt likes this.
  4. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

here are some choice quotes from the transit tour thread for their last tour

Anthony_ and skurt like this.
  5. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Oh. Well that's very disappointing. I didn't know about any of this, I'm not sure how it passed me by.

skurt likes this.
  6. I loved Listen & Forgive. I still listen to a few songs off of it from time to time, but I get kinda bored when I try to listen to it front to back now.

skurt likes this.
  7. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

The second half of the album is definitely weaker to be fair.

skurt and bradsonemanband like this.
  8. dzyjay

Regular

Still love this band. Listen & forgive and keep this to yourself hold up really well for me.

skurt likes this.
  9. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

I even enjoyed Joyride a fair amount.

Oskarr and dzyjay like this.
  10. I forgot about Joyride. That was definitely a step up from the one before it.

skurt likes this.
  11. dzyjay

Regular

Joyride was very good. I just missed Tim

skurt likes this.
  12. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

Young New England could have been great if the production wasn't trash.

13. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

So...we closing down this thread or...?

14. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

Miss u

SamLevi11 likes this.
  15. oldboot

Regular

I've been listening to Young New England lately. I don't know why, but I'm really into it. There are a few weaker songs but overall I really dig it. Maybe it was driving around the woods of northern Maine last weekend with nothing in that CD in my car, but I don't know...I really don't think it's a bad album. I know that's probably the most unpopular opinion on this site but there's something about that album that draws me in.

16. gee eff why tee en

also fuck these guys forever

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  17. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I honestly haven't listened to these guys probably since the day I was informed of their JJR shit, but I still think YNE is a good album. It's a shame they actively promoted a shitty fucked up friend.

teebs41 likes this.
  18. dzyjay

Regular

Unfortunate how everything ended with this band but stay home - listen & forgive was such a great run of solid tunes. Also enjoyed yne and joyride but that’s when stuff started to derail

waking season likes this.
  19. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Listen and Forgive is so good, even if the lyrics on songs like All Your Heart haven't aged well knowing how everything played out for them.

teebs41 and sonder like this.
  20. This might sound weird but I'm embarassed that I once thought they would become some kind of leaders of the scene with a long lasting and critically acclaimed career. It's so bizarre how little connection I have with their stuff almost a decade later. The run from Stay Home to Listen & Forgive was promising but the latter years totally turned me off the band.

21. cherrywaves

Trusted

I’m in the same boat. Keep This to Yourself meant so much me for a year or two, and I cannot stand to listen to them now.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  22. dzyjay

Regular

Bummer ^ keep this to yourself is still so good for me

23. Brother Beck Jul 1, 2018
    (Last edited: Jul 1, 2018)
    Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I'm not embarrassed to say that I still like these guys' earlier stuff a lot. The Stay Home EP is fantastic and still holds up. I absolutely love the song "Outbound" to this day. I think I always felt a connection with these guys being from Massachusetts like me, but even on their later releases up through Young New England there are always a few songs that are fantastic. "Weathered Souls" is a song off YNE that I love and still listen to a lot.

Listening back to their early stuff now I don't think it was silly at all to picture them being leaders and critically acclaimed with a successful career. The potential was certainly there.

* Edited to add that the version of "1978" on the Something Left Behind EP is f---ing awesome as well.

24. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

Well, shit. RIP.

25. Jakobindeed

My Whole Life is Thunder Prestigious

Was telling my sister this a few minutes ago, the intro to Cutting Corners is what made me pick up a guitar again. RIP Tim, you rule so hard