Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Transit - I'm Getting Good At Saying Goodbye Tour Tour • Page 5

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Mar 31, 2016.

1. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Your feelings are more important than other people's feelings. We get it.

Knifeparty and devenstonow like this.
  2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

there are no feelings here. it's simply fact. a band who lets young men feel like they can take advantage of women is a band that shouldn't be touring

Emotherapy and congruence like this.
  3. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Damn, the setlist form their final show last night is insane. Really, really going to miss this band. I've enjoyed everything they've put out.

BelieF likes this.
  4. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

Its one thing if they stayed friends with him on the side, but it seems Transit were actively trying to put Harry back into a position of power which is just completely unacceptable.

Emotherapy, Penguin and cwhit like this.
  5. devenstonow

Noobie

You act as if the simple act of acknowledging someone's existence is 'encouraging sexual assault'. I mean, I've always seen the vibe that Transit have done some sketchy things as people, but none of that can take away the importance of Listen and Forgive to me.

And the final setlist is insane, so disappointed I had to bail last minute to going. Kinda disappointed that Tim didn't show up.

6. cwhit

exactly. in this case i prefer ignorance, i don't want to know what shitty people they hang with unless of course they're a part of the behavior. but this was just gross

7. cwhit

they're flaunting him on stage. it's not just letting people know they're friends with them, it's giving them a platform when they obviously know what happened. how do you think women feel that are fans of the band seeing that the band doesn't care about their rights?

8. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Also, regardless of anything, Joe B of Transit and Zac E of Man Overboard are two of the worst vocalists I've ever encountered in my life.

BelieF likes this.
  9. cwhit

i see no reason to bring quality of music into those. both of those bands have records that are/were important to me

10. Yeah, pretty safe to say I'm never gonna listen to this band again. A real shame because I loved them a lot back in '11 and '12. To overshadow your breakup with some bullshit scene political statement supporting Harry fucking Corrigan is exactly the boneheaded move I expect from Transit.

11. SayHello

Regular

Deleted because I was wrong, only Lacy played some songs, not Tim.

12. congruence

Got a light?

As someone who has been listening to this band since the Stay Home era, and even still felt a strong nostalgic/emotional connection to their songs up until this week, I can say for sure I no longer feel the need to ever listen to their music again after what they did in Worcester. Reading that they brought JJR out in this thread didn't completely ruin the music for me, but seeing it in person did. It's not that they "acknowledged their existence", they specifically gave them multiple shoutouts, gave Harry a chance to play drums (on a song their drummer would have been completely capable of playing), brought JJR out for an unnecessary sax solo, etc. They had plenty of other friends with them on stage, but they made a point of specifically speaking on the character of JJR while barely mentioning anyone else. I can't speak for sure on their motives, but the vibe I got was they were specifically trying to make a point and it was really shitty and it completely overshadowed any connection I have with the music in the present moment, although it's not like it will taint the memories I have of my past connection to the music or other shows because things were different then.

13. cwhit

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

everything i've heard about these shows is that they basically paraded him and made a point out of it, didn't just give him a quick shoutout or acknowledge his existence

14. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I was at the Worcester show too and this sums up my feelings perfectly. I've been a fan since Stay Home and their music meant a ton to me my senior year of high school/freshman year of college. The run of Keep This to Yourself through Listen & Forgive came at the perfect time for me and while I wasn't huge on Young New England (I still liked it more than most here) I enjoyed Joyride quite a bit. I have a lot of memories associated with this band's records and shows but the JJR/Harry shit left a bad taste in my mouth on Monday. It seemed like the younger crowd upfront either was unaware or didn't care about the situation but the older crowd in back (where I was) seemed to know what was going on and was unhappy with it.

congruence likes this.
  15. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Absolutely disgusting behavior that will go unchecked and unchallenged by 99.9% of the people out there, aware or not