Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Transit - I'm Getting Good At Saying Goodbye Tour Tour • Page 3

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Mar 31, 2016.

1. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

disgusting move from them. no way in hell they don't know all the shit that went down about that band, and that harry corrigan sexually assaulted a young girli'd say this is baffling or surprising but honestly i've never thought very highly of their character

AelNire likes this.
  2. BWP

Has this harry guy actually been charged or convicted of anything? Or is it just more of the same old AP.net 'guilty until proven innocent' garbage? Has an investigation by police produced anything?

I'm not defending the guy at all, but this site too many times in the past has jumped to conclusions about these reddit posts. Like assuming other Pure Noise bands were creeps because some people from other bands on their roster were facing allegations of sexual assault. Lol.

devenstonow likes this.
  3. Louie

Takes a Bit More

I wanted to know the same thing so I googled it. He admits that he did something wrong and acted inappropriately, but doesn't give specifics.
    Pure Noise Records addresses sexual assault allegation against No Good News member - News - Alternative Press

4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

This may be addressed by another moderator, but you definitely shouldn't be throwing 'LOL' in a comment pertaining to sexual assault. It's pretty fucked up.

AelNire likes this.
  5. Louie

Takes a Bit More

While I agree, I don't think you can moderate when someone can and can't put "lol" into a comment.

6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

That isn't that moderation part. If someone reports a post for being offensive, we are going to look at it and determine a course of action. Otherwise, I'm not in here.

7. Louie

Takes a Bit More

I understand. I just can't believe someone would be so terribly offended by a "lol". If you look at the sentence before it, he was mentioning the possibility of people assuming all/other pure noise artists were also guilty based solely on the guilt of some other specific artists on the same label. I really don't think he was laughing at sexual assault.

8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

In fairness, the whole first part of the post is the offensive part. I just took the LOL part as the 'come on, man' part. It's just a bad post.

9. Louie

Takes a Bit More

I don't see what is offensive about the first part. I might disagree with it, but I can't just take offensive because, in my experience, I wouldn't agree that people on AP.net assume guilty until proven innocent. Maybe he has had a different experience than you have.

10. BWP

This is correct. Not laughing at sexual assault, but the guilty by association on here. Its a stretch, really, especially if there is nothing mode to these stories than reddit posts. Now if there were charges or an ongoing police investigation, we would have a different story.

11. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Convicted or alleged, no post involving sexual assault should have an LOL in it. If you think otherwise then I don't know what to tell you.

Jason Tate likes this.
  12. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

He admitted what he did, so yeah. He is very, very, very guilty.

13. Sure we can. If the post is meant to be inflammatory, and that post sure does, we absolutely can and will moderate those posts.

14. Louie

Takes a Bit More

I'll rephrase then, while I acknowledge it is possible, I just don't like the idea of people moderating when you can and can't put "lol" in a comment.

15. Then there are other forums you can visit that aren't going to be strict about adding things like "LOL" into posts about sexual assault while defending a band putting the band that "broke up" over it, and having the man who lied and tried to cover up the sexual assault, on stage with them. I'm going to be strict about it. Ignorant comments that are posted to incite and inflame are going to be moderated more strictly. A post about this scenario - when I was one of the people flat out lied to by JJR - that is filled with "guilty by association" and "no charges" comments and ends in LOL is not ok.

16. Louie Apr 24, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 24, 2016)
    Louie

Takes a Bit More

The guy who posted was ignorant to the story, which is why he asked and why I posted the link to the AP article so he could read it. His comment was less inflammatory and more asking whether the accusations had been substantiated. In this case, they obviously have since the person in question admit it, something BWP just wasn't aware of.

17. I'm going to give one warning here because this is going to get out of hand otherwise and I'm simply not going to deal with it today. It's not guilty until proven innocent. Harry admitted to what happened, he just has zero idea what consent means. No, there are no charges or convictions. A sickeningly large number of sexual assaults, rapes, and crimes happen every single day and the justice system does not become involved. There are countless studies, articles, and information available for anyone to go read as to why.

You are defending the guy, let's just start there, full stop. These posts are defending him. Second, there is no jumping to conclusions here, you would be wise to educate yourself on the topic, or actually ask for information without including all of the other parts of this post if you are ignorant to what has gone on. But when you take a hostile position, when you do so by making your own accusations out of your ignorance, we're not going to be off on a good foot.

So, this is your warning about this. If you'd like to continue this conversation and are actually seeking information and want to learn or be informed, that's great - but please make some some changes about how you go about talking about it because posts like this are not ok.

18. Ignorance is not an excuse for the content of the aforementioned post. There are ways to be ignorant of a situation and ask for information that doesn't include what that post did. The entire post is the issue, the ending playing a part of the whole, and the follow-up post confirming.

19. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Had a fantastic time in Philly. Gonna really miss this band but what a perfect way to go out

20. jorbjorb

7 rings

wow. bye transit

21. BelieF

Regular

great sets in nyc, will miss this band :c

22. fbrrocks

Trusted

Rip I'm at the second aka last transit show in CT. so sad at least I was at both today

BelieF likes this.
  23. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Do we know who the special guest is the for matinee show tomorrow?

24. kidinthebushes

Trusted

25. jorbjorb

7 rings

Can we stop making jokes about this?