Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Trakt.tv

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by crunchprank, Mar 31, 2016.

1. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

I know a large majority of users here are fans and members of Letterboxd. I used to be too. However about a year back I fell in love with Trakt. Basically it's Letterboxd on steroids. It does everything Letterboxd does plus you can manage both movies and television. It also houses a much larger community. And what I love most about it is that it actually has a public API that tons of developers have already taken advantage of and created extremely useful tools. My favorite being a plugin to Kodi (formerly XBMC) which basically acts like Last.fm and scrobbles and collects everything. If I watch an X-Files episode, it scrobbles it. If I add a movie to my Kodi library, it adds it to my collection on the site. If I watch the movie, it scrobbles it and marks it as watched, etc. Everything completely automatic. And the community aspects are all still there too where you can write reviews, read other reviews, comment and socialize with other members.

Anyway, what made me think of this was the fact I was filling out my profile on this sexy new site and noticed a user field for Letterboxd and thought some members might like to see Trakt. It's got a plethora of other features as well (another of my favorites being the calendar).

If anyone wants to try it out and start adding members, you can find my profile here. I'm a VIP and will say that it's well worth the yearly payment.