Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Trailer for ‘Swiss Army Man’; Scored by Andy Hull & Robert McDowell

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. I saw this at the Sundance Film Festival a couple months ago. This movie was amazing, in every sense of the word. Most of the audience was laughing hysterically throughout the movie, but some older gents who went into it blind just to see some a good independent film sat and shook their heads in disapproval. There was a Q&A after the movie and the first question anyone asked was, "So what the fuck?" haha. Great movie with big laughs, but also a deep and dark story.

Also, it was directed by the 2 guys that directed the infamous "Turn Down For What" music video.

fenway89 and CMilliken like this.
  3. CMilliken

Trusted

I volunteered at sundance this year and got to stand in the back and watch it. Such a bizarre movie. Really good though. Several people walked out of it at my theater. Really great themes are brought up in it though and I'd recommended people check this one out.

fenway89 and bradsonemanband like this.
  4. I saw that posted on twitter a lot during that week.

5. Frank Lapidus

Regular Supporter

I often see movies that carry the description unique or unlike anything you've ever seen. Most times after seeing said movie, I don't feel like the description is correct, but without seeing this film in full, I feel like this one could actually live up to those titles.

Plus..the soundtrack sounds freaking great.

6. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

What did they have you do when you volunteered.

I applied a few years ago to be a volunteer driver for Sundance. Got offered the job, was told I'd be driving filmmakers to their screenings... Then my employer told me I couldn't have the vacation time off for it. As an aspiring filmmaker this was devastating.

Anyways more on topic I tried getting tickets to this but couldn't so I'm pissed people walked out!

7. The soundtrack is fantastic!

8. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Anyone know if there is any plans on an official soundtrack release for this film? And is it ALL Andy and Robert? I remember Andy talking about this a year or two ago. Sounds great in the trailer.

9. CMilliken

Trusted

I worked in the theater ushering, taking tickets, helping with the lines and stuff. Really chill jobs.

fenway89 likes this.
  10. CMilliken

Trusted

Yeah I was kind of shocked cause I saw worse movies that I thought would be more offensive to people. I didn't find it offensive at all.

11. Tom Lee

Regular

Great trailer. Knew nothing about this film but am now definitely wanting to watch this.

12. ManchesterOrch8

Motel. Money. Murder. Madness.

Announcement shortly.

13. noKings

Regular

This looks great and there's no chance the soundtrack will be bad.

14. Guys Named Todd

Regular Prestigious

That ending shot of a guy riding a dead body like a jet ski that's presumably propelled by farts...yeah, this movie looks amazing.