Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Trailer For ‘La La Land’

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Michael Qualiano

mikeq

Gosling is my favorite. Can't wait

3. Well, hello there, favorite film of 2016!

4. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

This is the first thing I'm legitimately excited to see this year.

5. Michael Qualiano

mikeq

Amen to that. This year for film has been a huge letdown

6. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Likewise, man. He's been my favorite actor since like 2005 - before Half Nelson even came out. Everyone used to make fun of me for liking 'The Notebook Guy' before he really became a household name.

His band Dead Man's Bones is also severely underrated. Love his 1950s singing voice. Can't wait to see this type of movie with him in it. Seems like a really perfect role for him.

7. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

I love them two together. Stoked for this.

8. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

Have you ever seen him in The Believer? I think I first caught onto it about 10 years ago and bought the DVD, but I hadn't re-watched it until yesterday. My God, does it and his performance hold up. He's always been one of our generation's best, and I'll always love him in Lars and the Real Girl as well. That movie never gets enough praise in my eyes.

9. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Oh, yeah. The Believer was one of the first films I saw him in back in the early 2000s. Another early favorite for me is The United States of Leland with Gosling and Don Cheadle. Such a solid film.

10. Michael Qualiano

mikeq

Half Nelson got me on board! Love DMB and i'm glad they're seemingly utilizing that 50's doo wop kinda sound

11. Michael Qualiano

mikeq

Blue Valentine is my favorite film ever made.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  12. heymynameisjoe

when the days have no numbers Prestigious

the sequel to crazy stupid love that we've all been waiting for.

13. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

When Grizzly Bear's 'Shift' comes on in Blue Valentine, wow. BV was my favorite of his until Drive came out. Drive is now my favorite Gosling film. 2011 was a really good year for him: BV, Crazy, Stupid, Love, Drive and then The Ides of March. All pretty good films.

14. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Can't wait at all

15. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Does anybody else get kind of a Punch-Drunk Love vibe offa this?

Not in, like, quirkiness. More like aesthetic similarities...