Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Toy Story 4 (Josh Cooley, June 21, 2019) Movie • Page 9

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Nov 12, 2018.

1. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

My favourite accidental parental error has to be my mum taking my sister to see Toy Story 3 just before she left home for the first time for university. The aim was to take her mind off leaving home because she was quite nervous and sad about it. Good intentions, what can go wrong with a kids Toy Story film?! My mum just hadn't got a clue about the plot - hilarious own goal. We still laugh about it now.

2. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Same, I don’t think it was THAT bad. But there was just nothing memorable or great about it like there was like the first or third movies.

disambigujason likes this.
  3. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Toy Story 2 had that really satisfying scene of the guy painting and repairing Woody though

4. JM95

Trusted

I don't know what you're all on, 2's fantastic.

5. Just watched 2 last night. Can confirm it's great.

JM95 and jkauf like this.
  6. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

I think 2 might be my favorite...

Garrett L., JM95 and coleslawed like this.
  7. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

(I never really cared for 3)

*ducks

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  8. Dog with a Blog

I knew I liked you.

2 is my favorite, then 1. I don’t like 3 that much.

coleslawed likes this.
  9. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

2 has the toy store and that’s like one of my favorite places for it to be at

10. clucky

Trusted Supporter

Also the whole scene with all the conveyor belts in the airport baggage area was great. Its just Monsters Inc did the same basic idea even better with the doors so I feel like that one isn't remembered as much.

spiffa0 likes this.
  11. 2 has the hilarious bloopers in the credits too.

12. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I’ve rewatched 3 so many times, and always lose interest. Which is ironic since when it came out I had just graduated HS so it should have spoke to me

13. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Not to say it’s a bad movie it’s very good

14. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

2's fucking amazing.

Wayne Knight was perfect voice casting as Al, and utility belt Buzz is fucking hilarious. Plus the 'When She Loved Me' scene is all the feels.

15. meggers

Trusted

This might be my favorite in the series. Be sure to stay through the credits, it’s worth it!!

Joe likes this.
  16. Kuri44

The first is still my favorite and the best imo. Was not a fan of 3.

17. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

This was excellent. There really wasn’t even a moment of doubt any time that they shouldn’t have done a fourth one.

The story is so contained to just a few different sets that it’s almost a bottle episode, but in a really good way. They do a great job of fleshing our Bo Peep and bring in new characters without being distracting or unnecessary additions to the plot (Key and Peele have two of the funniest scenes of the entire series).

Without spoiling it, the movie doesn’t end with a big, harrowing action sequence, but rather a kind of unexpected, quiet coda that will leave you in tears. I loved this. What a movie.

18. Serh Jun 19, 2019
    (Last edited: Jun 19, 2019)
    Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Yep, this was fantastic. It maybe leaves Toy Story on a less perfect conclusion (that is, if you're like me and prefer TS3 over the rest, which seems to be a minority around here), but it more than justifies its existence by doing so many things right. It'd be easy to call this the "worst" one, but I weirdly see this getting better with viewers as time goes on. It also takes a big risk at the end that, while I feel they pulled it off, I was surprised it wasn't as polarizing among critics and others who saw it already. Gonna be interesting rewatching the other three knowing what I know about this installment

Regardless, animated movie of the year. Now PLEASE GOD don't make another one of these!

Zilla likes this.
  19. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

GrantCloud likes this.
  20. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Also, best "part 4" in a film franchise since Ghost Protocol!!!

Zilla likes this.
  21. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

Seeing this in 6 hours. Can't wait.

I find it really hard to rank the first 3...

1 should top the list based on what it was at the time, and how it took animation + storytelling to new levels, but it doesn't have the emotional beats as 2 + 3.

2 brought in new levels of comedy, and really felt like a "Hero's Journey" style movie with Woody's arc.

3 got all the adults in the feels, as Andy's growth made us identify with our own. That plus everything from their nighttime escape onwards is an emotional rollercoaster that I don't think anyone was prepared for.

---

For me I'd say...
    Toy Story
    Toy Story 3
    Toy Story 2

22. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Feel like - and I'm not saying anyone here's doing this or gonna do this - people shouldn't be comparing a trilogy of movies that have been out anywhere from 9 to 24 years to one that comes out tomorrow

smoke4thecaper likes this.
  23. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

My friend asked me to see MIB over this on Friday, and I said “no way man, we are crying together at the end of this like adults do: together!” So I’m ready for this.

24. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

3 is easily my fav, I'm very excited to see this on Saturday.

GrantCloud and smowashere like this.
  25. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

Can confirm, this was wonderful.

No more. THAT was the perfect ending to the story of these characters.