Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Toy Story 4 (Josh Cooley, June 21, 2019) Movie • Page 13

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

3 got a BP nom so I don’t see why this wouldn’t be in conversation

2. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

It really has no competition at this point, outside of HTTYD3.

3. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Does TLK not count?

4. clucky

Trusted Supporter

What makes something count as an "animated feature"? Could Lion King remake technically be in the running?

5. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Also, Frozen 2 is this year.

6. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I was curious what the actual definition was as well so I just looked it up.

7. clucky

Trusted Supporter

I don't know much about animation so that doesn't really help.

Is the animation process for Simba really that different from that for a Pixar character? I thought none of them really used "frame-by-frame" techinques anymore...

8. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Haha yeah I don't really know either. I think it should still be considered an animated film.

9. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

10. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Pixar typically doesn't do big business in China. I think CoCo was their biggest success there.

11. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

Mrplum5089 and disambigujason like this.
  12. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

I thought this was great addition to an already great franchise.

13. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I can't stop saying I'm trash tho

it is great

14. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Whenever me or my girlfriend are walking around the house looking for something we just keep uttering “bo bo bo bo bo”

15. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

16. dqwinny

THRILLHOUSE Supporter

finally got around to seeing this last night and honestly may be my favorite of them all. was legitimately one of the funniest films i've seen in a while too.

and damn the animation was almost TOO good I couldn't believe what I was seeing. some tremendous photography in there.

feel like this may actually be the final one since the last scene is gazing up at the night sky compared to cloudy morning sky for the opening. got some tears flowing!

17. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Yea the animation in this was truly remarkable. Bo’s porcelain, dust on surfaces, all incredible.

bluecharliedeltaecho likes this.
  18. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

The RC bit at the beginning was amazing I couldn’t believe how great that looked.

bluecharliedeltaecho likes this.
  19. Dog with a Blog Jun 30, 2019
    (Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2019)
    Dog with a Blog

Thought this was just ok, I guess. Sorta makes me wonder if my love for the first two is due to nostalgia or if they are legitimately great movies (haven’t seen em in a long time), because I’m sure all the kids love this movie. I guess I’m just sorta tired of the narrative of having to get a lost toy from point A to point B and it makes me wonder how/if it’s possible to make a Toy Story movie without that being the driving force behind the story. One thing I did like though was how they resolved Gabby’s story. I didn’t want to see something similar to what happened to the prospector or the bear so it was a pleasant surprise when they didn’t go that route. I don’t need to see this again but it was fine.

jkauf likes this.
  20. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

I absolutely loved this and its probably my favorite since the original. Animation was terrific and it hit all the feels.

disambigujason likes this.
  21. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

Saw this last night and it's probably my favorite movie in the series. Yet again, it's a great story that felt like an even better point to end on. The new cast additions were all great (Hale, Key/Peele, Keanu, Maki, Hendricks) and I even loved the little roles for Betty White, Carol Burnett, Mel Brooks and Carl Reiner. Otherwise, the animation was phenomenal and there were so many easter eggs that I know I'll be trying to catch in future rewatches.

Contender likes this.
  22. A little girl was dressed as Jessie and kept asking her mom where Jessie was and I felt bad lol.

But this was very very good.

JM95 likes this.
  23. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Did you catch Boo? Thought that was fun. I didn't find A113 though.

24. Henry

Moderator Moderator

The Key and Peele scenes had me dying. Keanu was great as well.

Mrplum5089 and imthesheriff like this.
  25. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

Yeah. That one was pretty obvious, just like Toy Story 3.

The antiques store was just crazy with all of the easter eggs. I loved the dog painting featuring the dogs from Up and the Triple Dent gum sign. A future rewatch is going to be like 3-4 hours in trying to see all this stuff.