Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Toy Story 4 (Josh Cooley, June 21, 2019) Movie • Page 12

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Nov 12, 2018.

1. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

thought this was tremendous, but i don't think it did anything for the series other than it being another great adventure. it didn't need this film, but im really glad it happened. curious where the future of the franchise goes. could very well see it playing a huge role on disney plus

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

there was a teenager that screamed every time they were on the screen haha

3. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

Slightly disappointed. I mean, I teared up at the end, but I didn't like the focus on Bo Peep. I wasn't invested in her and Woody. Just sad to me that Woody spent very little time with the other toys.

4. clucky

Trusted Supporter

I feel like Woody's story with the other toys has been told already. I'm not sure what new they could've brought to the table.

Focusing on Bo, Woody and Forky I think helped the story stash fresh instead of just rehashing old ground.

5. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

I too thought this was tremendous. Forky is a god damn star. Not as clean of an ending as 3 was but it felt like it had something important to say about finding your own place in the world and not staying somewhere out of a sense of obligation.

6. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Bo Peep was so fucking rad in this movie.

7. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

The audience clapped when Harmony decided she didn't want Gabby Gabby and I've never let out a more uncomfortable laugh

jkauf, oncenowagain and GrantCloud like this.
  8. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Yikes lol

9. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I liked this! Definitely felt a little lighter than the others, but it still had a lot of great things

oncenowagain likes this.
  10. shea

RIP Supporter

Went to a 9am showing today hoping to avoid a bunch of kids. We did not, lol.

Had to really fight to not openly weep at the end. I loved it.

oncenowagain and ghostedaway like this.
  11. secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

Not seen this yet but this is another sequel that hasn't performed as well as expected at the Box Office in the US, opening with an estimated $118m this weekend. To put that in context, the last film made $110.3m which in today's money would be around $129.5m all the while opening with more than 500 theatres less than this film.

12. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

This was great, loved Forky and the Key & Peele dudes, their imagination scenes had me in stitches.

And yeah those dolls scared the shit out of me

oncenowagain likes this.
  13. Iain

Regular

I really enjoyed this film. Forky had me dying from first get go: "Trashhhhh".

There was a bit were the wee boy next to me just point blank said 'I dont get this'. I wish i could remember what it was as i remember thinking i probably would have found it tough at that age!

I have found that you have to go to a showing later than 7.30pm to really avoid them.

14. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Wonder if this will get a best picture nom

oncenowagain likes this.
  15. GBlades

Trusted

I was really surprised by this. Like, I knew it would be good but I didn't think it would be that funny. Forky, Ducky & Bunny were great additions. Tremendously hilarious!

oncenowagain likes this.
  16. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Key and Peele stole every scene they were in, unsurprisingly.

I still personally think they should have let it end with Toy Story 3, which was just about as perfect an ending to a story as there ever has been, but this totally justified its own existence. Just brilliant stuff. I cried so hard at the end, goddamn.

17. GBlades

Trusted

I definitely agree that 3 should have been the end, it was such a great emotional pay off but then we wouldn't have gotten this one and that's just sad now that I've seen it.

oncenowagain, Anthony_ and Mrplum5089 like this.
  18. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

The best part of Toy Story 4 was the 13 year old next to me that was getting increasingly angry that Woody didn’t kiss Bo Beep.

19. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Saw this tonight, thought it was really good. Felt really fast paced, almost more like a TV movie if that makes sense, but I really enjoyed it. Definitely the funniest of the 4 and forky is an automatic favorite. Only real gripe was I wanted more buzz. And less dummies.

oncenowagain and SteveLikesMusic like this.
  20. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

This was pretty dang good. Ended super strong.

disambigujason and oncenowagain like this.
  21. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

It did a good job giving us a resolution we didn’t know we/the characters in question needed. Like I know a lot of the previous discussion was about how 3 wrapped things up nicely but it’s not like it was a real 3-story arc anyway. This is a really nice self-contained story that again still gives a meaningful and overarching conclusion.

22. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

It’s funny that it’s an excellent film that I’m glad exists, but also is inessential to the “Toy Story” canon if you’re not interested in basically a two-hour epilogue to Woody and Bo Peep.

I’m glad that they narrowed the focus to just them and Gabby Gabby and some of Buzz, Caboom and the carnival animals. After seeing “Secret Life of Pets 2” and how it tried to cram every character in there so shoddily, it’s refreshing to have a kids movie where the writers say basically that they shouldn’t shoehorn Rex, Potato Head, etc. just for the sake of fan service.

23. bluecharliedeltaecho Jun 23, 2019
    (Last edited: Dec 4, 2019)
    bluecharliedeltaecho

Regular

x

24. JimmyIymmiJ

Music, a steady riot in my soul. Prestigious

I enjoyed it just fine, but my favorite part was avoiding an existential crisis. Inside Out and Coco especially both made me lose it so hard, and I’ll never forget my daughter asking me during Coco, “Daddy, why are you crying?” so it was nice seeing a Pixar movie that had some strong emotional elements while not turning me into a blubbering mess. My daughter is 8 now, so she’s just now starting to get a lot of the emotional aspects of these movies, but the ending still went completely over her head and she didn’t understand why Woody didn’t get back in the RV. She actually lost it during the credits when they did the dedication to Don Rickles and I explained what that was about (we saw it while visiting my parents, so the issue of mortality there is what put her over the edge). Overall the movie probably doesn’t need to exist for the franchise, but I’m glad it does.

disambigujason likes this.
  25. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Best animated feature