Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Toy Story 4 (Josh Cooley, June 21, 2019) Movie • Page 11

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Nov 12, 2018.

1. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I didn't know there were fat shaming complaints from Spider-Verse.

God forbid a movie shows what happens when someone becomes depressed and out of shape. Peter B. Parker is my spirit animal in that regard haha.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  2. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I saw this and I just left like meh. It was a movie and there was some good points.

I probably would rather it be left off with the third one.

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  3. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

My wife took my kids (3 & 4) to see this today as their first trip to the movie theater! They liked it a lot. My daughter almost sat through the entire thing and only got up a few times, which means she really, really liked it.

4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Forky and Bo Peep are the best
    Forky and Gabby both tie into the weird morality of toy sentience, does all trash feel sentient or just Forky because he's a "toy" , also I guess Woody and Gabby have been around for over 60 years somehow
    needed more Duke Caboom but you could never have enough Keanu

5. CobraKidJon

I don’t think this is consider spoiler territory but I wish the side characters got more dialogue.

like I love Slinky, Rex and Mr. Potato head but it felt like they were barely used in this one due to all the new toys.

6. I had that same thought too. I liked the new toys but did feel like the old ones got sidelined.

7. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Don Rickles being dead kinda limited Mr. Potato Head’s role

8. CobraKidJon

oh well that is unfortunate.

but yeah my two faves are slinky and rex so sad to see them used so little.

oncenowagain and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  9. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Enjoyed this one a ton. I thought the new toys were great, but I do wish the old ones got a bit more screen time too. I feel like there will be a 5th one eventually, but I wouldn't be mad at a Ducky/Bunny spin off or a Duke Caboom spin off.

10. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

I literally burst into tears during the whole Plush Rush/old lady sequence. That’s the hardest I’ve laughed in a theater since I can’t remember when.

11. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Man, I didn't like this at all, honestly.

Without giving spoilers, I just didn't like any of the new characters (Forky/Ducky/Bunny are used WAY too much and I didn't find them funny outside of a couple cute moments), while the other ones don't really get much room for development. And I hate how sidelined a lot of the OG characters (including a lot of the new toys from TS3 - I was really excited to see more of them!). It's part of why I thought Toy Story 3 was so great - every character got their fair share of time, and felt like they were well utilized within the story.

Also Where are the Potato Head's aliens? And the clown from 3?

Also Buzz is so confused in this. Straight up. Why is he written the way that he is? Why, all of a sudden, is he only able to develop plans by using his voice buttons? Isn't this the same Buzz who, prior to this, was able to lead a group of toys to a toy store MILES AWAY to save Woody, as well as scale an entire apartment complex BY HIMSELF? His character was just wildly disappointing in this, and so unlike his normal character in the prior films.

There are some things I liked - the animation was very nice, specifically on the non-toy objects (all of the dust in the antique shop was awesome. The plush rush scene, both in the middle and ending were both really funny. The epilogue in general was good, and made me empathize more with Woody's choice, which I was VERY confused with until the credits started rolling.

Overall I just walked away from this really disappointed. I was hesitant to the idea of a fourth one in general, but after seeing the positive reception I got really excited. More than anything, it's clearly two scripts thrown into one, which if you look behind the scenes was actually part of what happened. I gave it a 1.5/5 on Letterboxd, but it's closer to a 2 than a 1 - compared to the other three (4.5, 4, 4.5, respectively), it was a letdown. There was just too much I was disappointed with.

MysteryKnight likes this.
  12. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

I love Forky

13. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

I really enjoyed this, especially the Ducky/Bunny planning scenes and any time Duke got to say anything. I'm not gonna rank the movies. I had a good time, cried, and glad there was more Toy Story (even if 3 did tie everything up in a nice bow).

14. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

oncenowagain, Joe, coleslawed and 4 others like this.
  15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I'm pretty sure Boo from Monster's Inc was in this too or the child at the carnival just looked a lot like her

16. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

IMDB trivia says that Boo is one of the students at Kindergarten Orientation.

17. CobraKidJon

just reading some sites and apparently the Antique Shop is a goldmine of easter eggs. It seems that every franchise had an easter egg hidden in there.

18. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I noticed that Buzz being told to do the slingshot around the moon by his inner voice was the same maneuver that they did in “Apollo 13.”

That might be in the IMDB trivia, but that thing is an unraveling disaster.

oncenowagain and coleslawed like this.
  19. clucky

Trusted Supporter

This was perfect

oncenowagain likes this.
  20. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Yeah I loved this. Probably on par with 1 & 3 for me.

oncenowagain likes this.
  21. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

I noticed the grape soda bottle cap from Up

oncenowagain likes this.
  22. BG9352

Regular

How is it for younger kids? Thinking of taking my almost 4 year old daughter but wasn't sure since some Pixar movies have some scenes that may be a bit too much for younger kids.

oncenowagain and Brother Beck like this.
  23. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

My wife said it was fine for both of them, and neither of them got scared. My daughter is 3, and she recently got pretty scared of a talking tree on this Netflix show for reference -->

[​IMG]

(Couldn't find a pic of the actual tree, and Netflix app doesn't allow screenshots on my phone...)

oncenowagain likes this.
  24. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

The dummies might scare little kids idk lol

25. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I was effing TERRIFIED of Count von Count on Sesame Street as a little kid. TERRIFIED.

oncenowagain likes this.