Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Toy Story 4 (Josh Cooley, June 21, 2019) Movie • Page 10

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Watched 3 last night. I think 2 was maybe funnier, but 3 hit me much more, emotionally. Excited for 4 tonight.

2. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

oncenowagain and GrantCloud like this.
  3. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

This is very good.

4. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

Just saw this, me and my 6 year old cried together.

oncenowagain, coleslawed and Zilla like this.
  5. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

6. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

7. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

honestly Keanu & Hanks are kind of a toss up for marry

oncenowagain and Anthony_ like this.
  8. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Keanu’s a pretty heavy smoker, so he’s clearly the bad boy you dont take home to mother.

9. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

[​IMG]

slimfenix182, oncenowagain and Zilla like this.
  10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

the real issue is how do you marry Tom Hanks if he's our dad

Henry, oncenowagain, Anthony_ and 2 others like this.
  11. This was awesome and surprisingly fresh. Definitely justified its existence and didn't feel like a sequel for nostalgia's sake which was, honestly, kind of what I expected. Forky is the star of the show, Keanu and Key/Peele also hysterical. Person next to me was absolutely sobbing and the whole theatre was cracking up pretty much any time Bunny and Ducky opened their mouths. Huge spoilers I kind of loved how this movie didn't really have a villain. Wouldn't even call it a "twist" but Gabby's plot line felt really well-earned to me. All felt in spirit with what this movie was saying and the spirit of the series as a whole. Definitely my second favorite blockbuster of the year behind Endgame.

12. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Great movie. Most consistent movie franchise.

oncenowagain likes this.
  13. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

This is a good movie. However my initial thought is that it isn’t good as the other ones. I don’t know, I feel like it started off slow but then it picked up.

To be honest I actually didn’t care for the ending too much. I understand why they did it the way they did but I think I may have done it differently. I just didn’t get the real heartfelt feeling that I was expecting to get.

I really nitpick things when it comes to movies and it really bothered me that the cops just allowed the father to just keep driving the RV after stopping them. Like even if it wasn’t his fault, no way they let someone keep driving that death trap lol

14. Loved it. All the new toys were great. Always loved the way they animate the toys running around, especially Woody's flailing. It's so goofy and endearing but probably really difficult to animate.

oncenowagain likes this.
  15. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

The animation in this movie is incredible. It’s come so far since ‘95

oncenowagain, SpyKi, ECV and 2 others like this.
  16. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

If I picture the first one the animation looks like it does now, it’s only when I go to actually watch it that I remember it looks sooooo different.

17. The first one still looks surprisingly great for being 1995/the first full length computer animated movie. Obviously budget is a big factor, but there's computer animated stuff that's come out in recent years that look way worse.

That reminds me... You guys should read about the making of the movie Foodfight, and then get drunk/high and watch it with a bunch of friends.

oncenowagain and JRGComedy like this.
  18. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

$12 million in Thursday previews last night. Second best for an animated film, behind Incredibles 2.

19. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

I'll be honest, I never really picked up on this

20. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I think that’s a shitty take. But I often think Bibs has pretty shitty takes.

21. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

I thought he kiiiiinda had a point with Shazam about how Freddy's handicap basically disappears for the duration of him having superpowers, and how much of a missed opportunity that was to uplift people with disabilities, but I don't know where he's going with this at all. Bibbs isn't one of my favorite critics or anything, but this at least seems to be coming from an honest place

22. omgrawr

That loneliness is not a function of solitude.

After watching the new one, my rankings are:

1. Toy Story 3
    2. Toy Story
    3. Toy Story 4
    4. Toy Story 2

They're all great though.

23. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

It’s early, but this is coming in under projections. Weekend is estimated at $136 million.
    Projections were around $150.
    Obviously not a bomb/misfire/etc, but interesting that it’s missing those numbers.

24. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I totally agree with that take. It's others like how "Spider Verse" was fat shaming people that make me scratch my head.

25. JM95

Trusted

That's someone stretching for a message that isn't there and twisting it into something he can make a social commentary about. Terrible take.

The film's really good. No way I can really rank it relation to the others yet - it kind of works more as a standalone from the first three anyway - but it's really good. Justifies their decision to make another one.

Zilla likes this.