Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tour Prediction and Speculation Thread Tour • Page 404

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Melody Bot, Nov 10, 2023.

1. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

No way did I learn millionaires and brokeNYCDE lore today

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  2. Yucky

3. CobraKidJon

I refuse to believe anyone can read these names

4. 333 GANG

ACAB

Love meeting another #SCENE band!

5. And you all complain about Thursdays IG posts

6. Tifoil

ñ

There's no way it says Peeling Flesh in there

Helloelloallo likes this.
  7. CobraKidJon

that’s what I’ve been trying to figure out

I don’t even know if the top area is just scribbles or actual something

8. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

It takes a lot of work to be 35 and write captions like you’re 12.

Paulms85 and bradsonemanband like this.
  9. I started writing something similar but then stopped haha. But yes 100%

10. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

I just feel like keeping up that gimmick (and let’s be clear, I think it’s 100% a gimmick) has to be exhausting. They did that Bad Girls Club show and 15 years later there’s just the one original member yet touring and doing these joke songs with two new people.

11. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Oh wow! I almost considered making an entire thing surrounding this show. Friends, airbrnb, beach weekend deal. Without motion city and ltj.....no thanks.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  12. BigS

Can someone explain to me how Avril Lavigne's North American tour is almost completely sold out in many markets, and one of the major stories out of Glastonbury is how packed her stage was, yet a mere TWO years ago she toured North America and the tour flopped, with GA pit tickets available for more than half off on resale sites?

Is it cause this is being billed as a "Greatest Hits" tour, even though it's hardly any different from her set two years ago?

Paulms85 and domotime2 like this.
  13. sam_might_say

The intrusive whisper fascinates me

nostalgia is a hell of a drug

14. Mtlman1331

Trusted

there is so much nostalgia post Covid. The country sucks right now and people want to go back to when it didn’t “suck”

15. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I think the fact that she's touring with Simple Plan probably helps a bit too. Not in the sense that people who like Simple Plan are attending just for them but... It's a nostalgia package. They both hit at around the same time, were both marketed as being "pop-punk" or whatever, etc.

So that's probably pushing tickets a bit more than it might have with a younger band as direct support.

Though... Did that last tour actually flop?

16. manoverboard365

Trusted

I dont think her last tour flopped, but at least in my city she did a 3,600 cap venue and it was far from an immediate sell out. Now she's doing a 15,000 cap amphitheater and it sold out months in advance.

I think its the combination of nostalgia + strong support act + the fact that she rarely tours

17. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I wonder if the ampitheater "vibe" helps a bit too. If my social media is any indicator those tours tend to attract more casual people than, say, an indoor venue might.

18. Tifoil

ñ

Probs her tour with MGK helped too

19. Rmourz

Trusted

Apparently my 13 year old cousin who’s a swiftie *really* wants to see Avril Lavigne, and there’s no reason she should feel nostalgic for her music. Idk if it’s MGK or tiktok or what but she’s having something of a resurgence with the youth

20. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Her Michigan date sold out instantly, but I chalked that up to Canada being right next door.

21. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

The MA date isn't sold out but it's pretty close. Some uber-priced pit tickets and GA available.

What's impressive is that there's a resale tickets throughout the venue but it's nowhere near as much as I was expecting/pretty low compared to what other artists I would have considered to be about her size to have.

22. peoplearepoison

It’s a perfect day for letting go... Supporter

It’s probably all that stuff. MGK tour, TikTok, Travis barker label, nostalgia, and things just come back around eventually. People forget until they remember. If you just keep going, eventually artists have a second wave

alkalinexandy and digitalbath like this.
  23. 333 GANG

ACAB

She’s obviously from here so I expected the demand to be pretty strong, demand for shows in Toronto in general since the pandemic is extremely high, but her first show at the amphitheater here sold so well she added a second date at the arena and even that is 95% sold out. Pretty impressive

24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

She fucking rules that's why

But seriously Olivia brat pop punk revival had to help

25. btr

Trusted Supporter

Outdoor venues in the summer make it accessible to casual fans for sure. I bought 2 tickets thinking none of my friends would be down and now we have a group of 10 going. Kind of crazy since my date is on a Tuesday night.

Setlist also caters heavy to the average fan