Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tour Prediction and Speculation Thread Tour • Page 399

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Melody Bot, Nov 10, 2023.

1. Tifoil

ñ

From what Im reading, it seems the Speedway canceled on them on Monday but the festival didnt say anything until the Speedway make their post today

2. Mtlman1331 Jun 27, 2024 at 11:04 AM
    (Last edited: Jun 27, 2024 at 11:11 AM)
    Mtlman1331

Trusted

yea the crew showed up on Monday to build the stages and grounds. The festival organizers didn’t have the money to pay them, but basically said I will have it after the festival. Crew said no, speedway canceled on them, it didn’t come out til today and seems like a sponsor or life in the way tipped everyone off. And here we are. Sounds like they are trying to move it to an indoor venue an hour away and people aren’t happy, cause obviously they made accommodations

bradsonemanband likes this.
  3. Tifoil

ñ

Im always surprised about the people in the comments trying to defend a sinking ship and calling out everybody for being negative and disrespectful to the festival they pay money to attend lol.

4. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

These upstart things are never a good idea.

5. Mtlman1331

Trusted

right! You paid for something and now you won’t get it/all of it, you are allowed to be angry.

6. Mtlman1331

Trusted

It’s cause they all do shitty promoter math, “like ok August Burns Red plays to 3k on tour, skillet plays to 3k, Lacey was in Flyleaf and Flyleaf could grab another 3k. Thats 9k right there on headliner. We are gonna have over 10k a day.” Thing is they barely broke even last year with All That Remains as the headliner, so they went even bigger. Book within the perimeters of what the headliner can draw. If your headliners draw 3k touring then you need to plan for 3k-5k.

7. Too many festivals

8. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

There's a market for that type of fest in New England tbh. They just got too big for their britches and though expanding as big as they did was a good idea without the financial backing to cover their asses in case of an event like this happening, it seems.

9. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

that’s what I’ve been saying not every city needs a damn festival lmao especially when it’s like 2 big artists and the absolute worst undercard

10. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

11. Tifoil

ñ

I didnt who he was, I had to go into the comments to see he is Olivia and Sabrina exbf.

12. Jjggg567

Seeing the capulet lineup and one of the few undercard acts I've even heard of is that every avenue / makeout tour.

Unsure if this says more about me being completely out of touch or that festival lineup but... definitely wasn't going to draw well.

13. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

cashlion likes this.
  14. sleon.518

idk man

Olivia Rodrigo's ex.

15. Mtlman1331

Trusted

Horizon Theory and Impending Doom have dropped off now as well

16. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

Cold too

17. Rmourz

Trusted

I’m of the mind that it’s impossible to have *too many* well booked, well run festivals.

These days, that’s where the value is if you want to see a big headlining or sub headlining act.

The problem is shady festivals that go under and the ones that clearly put no effort into their undercards.

18. Mtlman1331

Trusted

Ongoing concept dropped, and rumor is it’s being moved to the 1200 person Webster in hartford

19. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

secured my tickets to camp flog gnaw hell yeah

20. Mtlman1331

Trusted

IMG_1013.png IMG_1014.png

21. Tifoil

ñ

From a speewday to a 1200 cap venue, what can go wrong?

22. [​IMG]

Rmourz likes this.
  23. Tifoil

ñ

24. somethingwitty

Trusted

Not sure if this is happening in other markets but a lot of the shows that had the $20 concert week deals are now finding their way into StubHub at even lower prices.

Just grabbed Orville Peck, Janet Jackson, and ADTR all for under $15.

25. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Off topic but the lining up early/spot saving for shows seems to have gotten inside. I'm headed over to Central Park shortly for Ethel Cain and, out of curiosity, checked her subreddit. There are 4-5 threads about lining up early, people policing people ling up early, people telling people NOT to line up early/save spots, etc. Absurd.

a lack of color likes this.