Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tour Prediction and Speculation Thread [ARCHIVED] Tour • Page 886

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Obnobs

Regular

Knocked Loose will be fine imo. Beartooth & Wage War might be fine just because there's very few newer metalcore bands forming. Also depends on what they can put out

2. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

their name didn’t do them any favors

3. Obnobs

Regular

DTS came too late. All the big crabcore bands were established by 2011 and the new wave was the more serious "risecore" wave like The Word Alive & Memphis May Fire

4. andysoto523

Regular

Knocked Loose will be fine but tbh lot of their fans are kids in their "hardcore" phase that will probably grow out of it in a few years. They'll have no problem filling up 200-400 cap rooms in the future but I definitely don't think they'll be selling out 1k cap venues like they are now in 5 years.

Even though Wage War has a ton of hype right now, I can't really see them living up to it. I noticed a lot of people are already "getting over" them. I'm sure they're a blast and go hard live but they're very generic imo and I could see people getting bored of them in the future. I'd love to be wrong and for them to write a game changer metalcore album.

5. Obnobs

Regular

I don't think KL is that big. They almost sold out a 600 capacity venue in my town

Wage War is a snoozefest but it all depends on how they can market themselves.

6. bkaeser93

Trusted

I’m hoping Thousand Below gets to blow up

7. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

I am very concerned about I Prevail in terms of bands blowing up and losing steam. They need to promote a single or something to get fans talking about them again and be prepared for a bigger summer/fall headliner.

8. DarkestDayOfMan Jan 14, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 15, 2019)
    DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

The problem with Wage War is that I feel like they already wrote their best album for their debut. Deadweight was a good album but it didn't come anywhere close to being as good or as hype as Blueprints. Bands that are destined to do well are supposed to write records that out do or come close to the last. In my opinion bands like Fit For A King and Silent Planet are two of the metalcore bands that came out post 2010 that can easily still remain big bands in the future, because each album they put out gets better in quality (with the exception of Descendants to Slave to Nothing for Fit For A King).

Honestly this may be because I've never really liked them (so full bias warning right now), but I feel like they've been destined to fail from the start of blowing up. They picked up steam way too quickly. If their next album bombs it's not like anyone can say they have a huge back catalog that makes up for it.

ABRfan3295 likes this.
  9. bkaeser93

Trusted

Dennis Stoff (ex Asking Alexandria/Make Me Famous) has a new band called Drag Me Out and to me it just sounds like he is trying to be BMTH

10. Obnobs

Regular

TBH I'm not a fan of any of these bands aside from Knocked Loose so I'm not really in touch with this generation of metalcore

11. andysoto523

Regular

For some reason I have a feeling that Wage War's next album (not the upcoming one) will either try the mainstream route by adding a ton of cleans and getting less heavy (which will write off a lot of their fans), or they will write a really good album that sounds different than their prevuous material.

And definitely agreed on I Prevail.

Lmao

12. bwh0005

[]

Sumerian honestly have way to much faith in him, this what his 4th band?

bkaeser93 likes this.
  13. GEM37

She haunts the roads

On another note, I can’t be the only jonesing for an Electrasy reunion, right?

14. Austin Schwarm

staybrutalaustn

the word alive aren’t going anywhere. despite how badly violent noise sold and how under received it was at the time of its release, i see more fans talking about this album than i have anything else since the release of life cycles.

telle has the “pipes” to do 19-20+ songs a night for sure. i’ve seen him do 16.

AZ fans may get an Empire show at some point this year, but last I was told, there is not going to be a tour for it. they’ll just be playing songs off of it for their shows this year.

15. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Thank you for reminding me about those goofballs. Time to go down a YouTube wormhole...

SaveTheEarth likes this.
  16. Speaking of metalcore where is this Counterparts tour damn

y2jayjk, rbarlyo and chris_williams67 like this.
  17. chris_williams67

Regular

I Prevail worked with a producer whose name I can’t remember for this album, but this said producer has made bands that go hard into very soft tones compared to usual, if that means anything

18. rlngstrt

ADVENTR

Tyler Smith from Dangerkids?

19. chris_williams67

Regular

No, but he is awesome. His name is Erik Ron

20. tshreve

Metalicca

Design the Skyline would’ve been a super sick sassy mathcore band if not for the cheesy-ass synth tones

theasteriskera likes this.
  21. rlngstrt

ADVENTR

Oh, I saw that they posted they were working with Tyler Smith a while back, so i thought he was producing it.

chris_williams67 likes this.
  22. Cmoney86

Trusted

3CCE371B-3A46-4B5B-9FE1-8E7ACF074EEB.jpeg

23. swboyd

JaytotheGee likes this.
  24. swboyd

PUP/Ratboys tour dates popping up.

25. rbarlyo

wawa defender

Its what the people deserve

ryanfears likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.