Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tour Prediction and Speculation Thread [ARCHIVED] Tour • Page 885

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

Wage War would 100% headline that tour. Put someone like The Plot In You on that tour instead and I'd say it's more likely.

ABRfan3295 likes this.
  2. bkaeser93

Trusted

Wage War is bigger then TWA? I didn’t know

3. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

As a personal example, there were maybe 100 people at my date for Blessthefall/TWA back in November. Never seen a crowd that small for either band but it was a clear point that TWA hasn't been able to draw in quite a while.

TWA lost a lot of their fanbase after Dark Matter because the fans of Life Cycles didn't necessarily enjoy REAL (their best album btw) and then lost all faith after DM. I also think Violent Noise wasn't well received while it actually ended up being a better record.

Meanwhile Wage War has two albums that have been absolutely fantastic, they have yet to have a "proper" headliner therefore the desire to see them is very high. The new single was very well received on social media and they just have a lot more buzz surrounding them right now.

One example that would give a nod to TWA however is that they have nearly 698k likes on facebook compared to 98k for Wage War.

4. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

More hype in that scene currently for Wage War than TWA. Violent Noise didn't really do that much for people. Meanwhile Wage War's next album is one of the most highly anticipated in that scene.

5. Obnobs

Regular

Wage War is about the same, slightlhy bigger than TWA. No one gives a shit about anything TWA has done since Life Cycles. Although I'm not sure how long WW can hold their hype

Thoughts on what Summer Fests are gonna look like? Tempted to pull the trigger to go to Chicago Open Air to see System of a Down but not sure if I want to travel all the way from Minneapolis to see them & a bunch of bands I'm not huge on.

Rock Fest, Rock USA & Sonic Boom are all closer to me, am I missing anything closer to Minneapolis? I need something to fill my Warped Tour / Northern Invasion hole in my heart

6. bkaeser93

Trusted

I’ve known TWA fell off but I didn’t notice they fell off that much. People seemed to care for them when I saw them play with Btf this pass fall.

7. Obnobs

Regular

They're just are a relic of the 10s risecore wave that never broke up

Sucks because Dark Matter is actually really good and by far the best release since Deceiver

8. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Are metalcore acts still doing well or has it become more of a passing fad?

9. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

I think a part of that is BTF and TWA are from that same era and sound of metalcore. There's going to be crossover between the fans.

10. Obnobs

Regular

Depends on the act but Beartooth, Code Orange, I Prevail, Wage War & Knocked Loose are probably the biggest of the last 5 years. Definitely more than a fad but it's already peaked

I think the death of Warped & the AEG-Danny Wirmer split will make it harder for metalcore bands to keep breaking out.

11. Mtlman1331

Trusted

It’s like any other genre, there are older bands still doing very well (killswitch, abr, parkway etc) some bands on the rise who have a chance to break out (wage war, ice nine kills etc) and then the usual came up and are on the way down or settled into a firm fan base.

12. Obnobs

Regular

Ice Nine Kills is old as fuck

theasteriskera likes this.
  13. Mtlman1331

Trusted

Yes....they have been around, but they currently have a shit ton of momentum off the new album.

theasteriskera likes this.
  14. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

August Burns Red is the best example of metalcore's presence in terms of consistent draw.

ABRfan3295 and theasteriskera like this.
  15. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

I’d agree that Killswitch, Architects and Parkway Drive are good examples as well.

16. Obnobs

Regular

A Day to Remember & Bring Me the Horizon are still huge. Asking Alexandria still pulls in numbers. After the Burial is still growing somehow

But I wouldn't count any band that has put out their first album before 2014 to be relevant in assessing how healthy a genre is

17. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

I mean it has to be tiring for a band like The Word Alive to constantly be “the opening band”. There was an interview with some of the members of Shadows Fall and they all agreed that the reason they broke up is because people just stopped coming to their shows. That’s pretty sad because they were far bigger than TWA ever will be.

18. Obnobs

Regular

I think TWA will break up soon. Latest like 2023 after they do a 10 year for Life Cycles

19. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

TWA isn't breaking up lmao Telle loves doing it way too much. It's obvious to me he wishes they were bigger but as long as he is still passionate about the music he is part of, they won't give up.

King Chevy7 and Austin Schwarm like this.
  20. Obnobs

Regular

How do you know that? Do you know him?

I mean they have had dwindling support for year after year, they got to hang it up at some point. Like realistically, what is the direction for TWA at this point?

21. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

Myself and Austin Schwarm who frequent this forum regularly have had many talks with Telle after their shows (Austin more than me) but we both see it pretty clearly that he has no intention of calling it quits.

Austin Schwarm likes this.
  22. Obnobs

Regular

tbh I still want TWA to do a co-headliner with Escape the Fate & play that first EP live

23. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Surprised Design the Skyline never took off.

swboyd and Obnobs like this.
  24. andysoto523

Regular

Tbh I personally think all those bands plus Ice Nine Kills fanbases will dwindle down in the next few years. Although I could see Code Orange keeping a good sized loyal fanbase.

Sucks for Shadows Fall as well. I saw them in 2007 2x and they drew big crowds. Saw them again in 2012 and there was barely anyone there to see them. I feel like they had the same fanbase as Killswitch Engage but everyone unfortunately forgot about Shadows Fall.

25. Obnobs

Regular

real talk design the skyline wasn't that bad

Contender, theasteriskera and GEM37 like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.