Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tour Prediction and Speculation Thread [ARCHIVED] Tour • Page 864

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. That was me and it was based off a tweet that Kelen deleted so I'm not sure anymore

2. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

Killswitch is definitely better than Vein, but Vein still have my 2018 album of the year.

3. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

I like the (only) Vein record a lot but let's put a pin in that theory until they have 7 albums and a 15 year career under their belt.

GEM37, red8ge and Oddjob like this.
  4. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

It’s hard to pin who on that tour is better than who since each band on that lineup comes from a completely different scene/era of metalcore

5. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

I think it's one of the best Metalcore tours in recent memory. All 4 are some of the best at their particular styles.

GEM37 and King Chevy7 like this.
  6. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

^^^^

King Chevy7 and theasteriskera like this.
  7. andysoto523

Regular

This guy gets it

SomeGuyNamedMike likes this.
  8. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

That last Parkway album is horrible though

atlas, swboyd and bachna84 like this.
  9. ADayToFall

A home like yours is upside down

My personal stance on all 4 bands.

Killswitch Engage: Basically the band that got me into metalcore when I discovered them in 2009 when My Curse appeared on the game Burnout Paradise and I ended up listening to The End of Heartache and As Daylight Dies back to back not too long after. Became one of my favorites immediately and honestly while I'm not the biggest fan anymore, I still like them a great bit and will always hold a place in my heart for getting me into that scene.

Parkway Drive: Love them so much, but Reverence was personally a letdown compared to the rest of their discog. However I have friends that have saw them on recent tours and say they still put on one of the best live shows ever. Killing With A Smile and Horizons will always remain top albums imo.

After The Burial: Pretty much tied with Veil of Maya for my favorite progcore band.

Vein: Errorzone is my favorite album of 2018. What more can I say? They fucking slap dick.

Like I've said, the Atlanta date is one I'm not even gonna miss. This whole tour is stacked as fuck.

GEM37 likes this.
  10. red8ge

Regular

vein are definitely the future of that kind of music and i'm assuming every band on that bill knows it

11. King Chevy7

Regular

If Vein are the future I’m out of metalcore...

However ATB, parkway, and killswitch on the same bill will probably be tour of the year for me

SomeGuyNamedMike and Oddjob like this.
  12. BackwardsDuck

kcauQ

The bands do but I feel like the mainstream crowd that goes there will be petrified

Beyond two lances likes this.
  13. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

lol

Blainer93, ItsAndrew, swboyd and 7 others like this.
  14. Oddjob

Vein is the exact same early 00s trash metalcore that the other three bands on this tour helped save us from. Praise be their name.

King Chevy7 likes this.
  15. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

How is there so many bad posts.

Vein is the future

16. If you guys are mad at Vein being on that tour you’re gonna be REALLY mad over the summer lmao

Band is fucking killing it right now.
    Old head sounding asses

17. bachna84

18. Theemoflamingo

Regular

What do you know? Please tell me they're opening for slipknot or deftones lol

19. bachna84

i don’t think anyone would be mad about vein supporting deftones

SomeGuyNamedMike and GEM37 like this.
  20. ADayToFall

A home like yours is upside down

This might just be my bias speaking, but if Vein tours with Slipknot I'll pop a big one and that'll mean I'm potentially seeing them twice.

Edit: BUT I would not be mad and actually in fact very happy over a Deftones/Vein tour.

21. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Vein are fine musically I guess (imo they sound like if late-90's nu-metal kids got into HxC, but there could be worse things) but damn, if the mixing on 'errorzone' isn't abhorrent.

No mids, no treble, the guitars are basically nonexistant but their noise and distortion covers up the vocals. Ouch, can't put my ears through that.

King Chevy7 likes this.
  22. SomeGuyNamedMike

The Real Dirty Dan.

As a fellow old man that has taken notice of the other people in this thread acting as if their music tastes are the only right ones and anyone else is just wrong, I applaud you.

Knifeparty and andysoto523 like this.
  23. Xpertguy5

Trusted

Lol if you don't wanna see vein then just show up after their set

24. andysoto523

Regular

I don't think anyone here (except maybe a couple) are calling Vein bad. They're not my cup of tea personally but I do plan on watching them if end up going to the LA date. I just think a lot of their fans are funny.

King Chevy7 likes this.
  25. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

But that's what makes it..........HARDCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.