Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tour Prediction and Speculation Thread [ARCHIVED] Tour • Page 859

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

Am I the only one that cringes when people say things like this? I always tell them, "Guitar music never went away, you just stopped making an effort to find new music".

2. Theemoflamingo

Regular

3. natesmith083

Regular

Same for West Michigan. All my older coworkers that listen to butt rock and dad rock are like “Zeppelin 2.0” all the time and it’s so annoying.

theasteriskera and Cgarnsay like this.
  4. Cgarnsay

Trusted

You are beyond correct here!

theasteriskera likes this.
  5. andysoto523

Regular

Looks like Parkway Drive and Killswitch Engage are touring together in the spring.

King Chevy7 and joe.boy.fresh. like this.
  6. Cgarnsay

Trusted

any dates besides festivals?

7. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

Chvrches was selling out 500 cap spots in the United States with only a 3 song EP.

8. andysoto523

Regular

No. Im just assuming because of the festivals lol. They're all around the same time frame so it seems likely.

Cgarnsay likes this.
  9. btr

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]

alkalinexandy likes this.
  10. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

Plus it would be weird if Parkway just came over for a couple festivals.

11. bkaeser93

Trusted

Speaking of Chvrches I finally got to see them a couple weeks ago and so damn good.

12. bkaeser93

Trusted

They are both playing So What in Texas in the second day and Beartooth and Of Mice & Men are playing the first

13. andysoto523

Regular

That's why I made the assumption that they're touring together plus the other festivals they're playing together. Makes sense though. I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner. I'm sure it'll hit big venues.

Also I didn't know Beartooth was more popular than OM&M. Maybe they're touring together as well.

14. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

OM&M post Austin just isn't popular with the kids. Meanwhile Beartooth has just been killing it with Disease.

15. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

Have they been killing it? I thought the album had really underwhelming sales. I caught their tour with Knocked Loose when I was in Vegas randomly, and they seemed to fill the room pretty good.

16. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

Critical reception to the album is what I'm going off of. Your average poster to r/metalcore loved it when it came out and yes they are filling rooms pretty well. I think it's difficult to go off of album sales now a days, since most people are streaming their music.

Jonny Sniper likes this.
  17. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

Rise/Fearless/Hopeless Records type Metalcore bands usually keep a big fanbase for an album or two then said fans move on. I think it's lame, but it's been a consistent pattern for like a decade now. Memphis May Fire, Greeley Estates, Drop Dead Gorgeous, The Word Alive, The Devil Wears Prada, Chelsea Grin, Iwrestledabearonce, Miss May I, Secrets, In Fear And Faith. I can go on and on.

18. andysoto523

Regular

This is true because those types of bands primarily attract teenagers. I don't think "bad promotion" plays a huge factor on why a band on Fearless, Hopeless, etc album flops, but more so that majority of their fanbase just simply grew out of their music.

I like metalcore but have never liked any of those types of bands (except for maybe a few) mentioned above. All it takes is for a band to put out 1 mediocre/bad album and majority of their fambase will stop caring for them and move on to the next big trend.

19. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

Chelsea Grin is having a comeback I feel with Tom fronting the band. I hope TDWP has more popularity with them switching to Solid State, because Rise was a garbage label when it came to promotion for them.

ABRfan3295 and Cgarnsay like this.
  20. andysoto523

Regular

Agreed about Chelsea Grin. I never liked Chelsea Grin but their last album with Tom was good. I just them on the Whitechapel 10 year tour and a lot of people were going wild for them. I feel like a lot of deathcore fans that grew out of them awhile back are now starting to listen to them again. Lots of people saying comments like "new CG is surprisingly good," or "CG is way better now" are dudes in their mid 20s, probably in their own deathcore/beatdown bands.

21. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

So uh... anyone got something on this they want to share?

y2jayjk likes this.
  22. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

I feel Disease was a big step up from Aggressive for Beartooth and gave them a sense of mainstream popularity that could get them into 3k-5k venues before too long. I listed it as my 2nd best album of the year.

23. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

I'm at an early show right now in Chicago of some kids doing emo covers and all there parents are here and at least 2 of the dads have GVF shirts. I chuckled hard when i saw that

theasteriskera and SaveTheEarth like this.
  24. bkaeser93

Trusted

Dance Gavin Dance said they will be back soon last night in Tampa hoping for a headliner.

25. BackwardsDuck

kcauQ

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.