Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tour Prediction and Speculation Thread [ARCHIVED] Tour • Page 390

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. ADayToFall

A home like yours is upside down

Well, The Acacia Strain finally announced something.....

.....a December Australian tour with Kublai Khan.

GAWD

Morgan likes this.
  2. himynameisdakota

Regular

Talk about impeccable timing. Hopefully a US announcement is not far off.

3. godromans

I need a good charlotte headliner

GEM37 likes this.
  4. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

My guess is early 2018. August Burns Red hasnt announnced anything for Phantom Anthem in the states yet. An ABR/TAS tour would be killer.

5. ADayToFall

A home like yours is upside down

ABR/TAS/Impending Doom/MyChildren MyBride was a tour back in 2009. I would personally love a tour like ABR/TAS/Fit For A King/Invent Animate to happen.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  6. swboyd Sep 21, 2017
    (Last edited: Sep 22, 2017)
    swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Talking After Midnight: What’s In A Band Name?

https://noisey.vice.com/en_us/article/whores-find-freedom-in-noise-rock

Feel free to make your own judgments on the matter but these two articles unpack some thoughts quite nicely on their band name and derogatory band names in general with perspectives from women involved in music journalism, one of whom is a POC and another of whom is a sex worker. These perspectives are a lot more relevant than mine on the matter, but I generally can agree with as best I can as a dude coming from a totally different walk of life:

"So anyway — Whores. I was working in a dungeon as a pro-domme/sub when I got very into them, and it never occurred to me to be offended by the name. It didn’t imply violence against women to me the same way bands with names like Prostitute Disfigurement do. “Whore” is absolutely a derogatory term, but my interpretation of the band taking on the moniker was less a careless mocking of sex workers and more a feeling of relative camaraderie with others who sell themselves in a way to get ahead in life."

As an irrelevant aside to this convo: Whores put on one of the best opening sets in a while when I saw them open for Cult of Luna last month. They'll go to to toe each night with '68 on this tour in terms of energy and craziness IMO.

cwhit likes this.
  7. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

Well since TAS did Warped this year, I think they'll do either Summer Slaughter or a headliner in the summer.

8. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

I've never even heard of Newport, MN let alone Opinion brewing. Def wanna go to see 68

9. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Retweet. I'm so bummed, they still haven't done a headliner in Michigan since reuniting - just Warped and a 45 minute set on a festival I wasn't a big fan of.

Cgarnsay likes this.
  10. Theemoflamingo

Regular

I went there for the first time to see vein the other night and loved the venue. Free parking, free popcorn, really cool space and decent sound.

y2jayjk likes this.
  11. btr

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]
    UK tour playing Drunk Enough to Dance in full. Wondering if this hits the US next year.

12. btr

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]

13. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

BFS and Aquabats would be so fun

14. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

Carousel Kings stick out like a sore thumb on this.

Emokid79 likes this.
  15. Morgan

Morgan

But how is INK Hheadlining over plot

16. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

While I'll agree that TPIY have been on a steady rise up in the scene, INK has remained at a pretty consistent level for some time. Every Trick In The Book is an easy fan favorite and metalcore community favorite. If this same tour happened in year then I could see it being a co-headliner.

Morgan likes this.
  17. chris_williams67

Regular

Very excited for this, Hopefully get to the Cambridge date

18. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

INK is obviously bigger than TPIY

King Chevy7 likes this.
  19. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

I really disliked ETITB compared to their previous two albums. I've only been following INK for about a year and a half though.

20. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

I think one of the big things Every Trick had going for it was the concepts behind each track. Reading some of the books that some of the tracks were based on was really great in that you could sit there and make connections between the songs and the plots. I thought it kind of paved the way for them to do some other cool things with media forms in the future. Spencer is a very vocal fan of horror movies so I'm hoping for something based on classic horror movies in the future. But that's just me. It did take me a couple listens though to really get into the album.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  21. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Curious how that would work over here? Last time Bowling for Soup played in Michigan, they played a 200 cap venue, and Aquabats played the upstairs room, which is 1000. Would BFS still headline?

22. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

I could imagine a coheadliner with aquabats closing each night, except for the markets where BFS does really well... so all the Texas dates.

23. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

I think BFS would headline without a doubt. But maybe I'm just out of touch.

Morgan likes this.
  24. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

Actually, a co-headliner isn't too far off. In NYC, The Aquabats played the 700 capacity Highline Ballroom while BFS sold out the 500 capacity Gramercy Theatre. Combine those 2, add Patent Pending and maybe another band and they can easily sell out the 1,000 person Irving Plaza.

25. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I was curious about just how big BFS are here still so I checked the capacites of the venues:
    2500 , 2000, 2350, 2450, 3000, 1550, 3500, 7500

So weird that they're still this big in the UK lol

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.