Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tour Prediction and Speculation Thread [ARCHIVED] Tour • Page 1998

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. kman22

Regular

I'm anxiously awaiting news on The Starting Line's holiday show(s).

theasteriskera likes this.
  2. SPine

Trusted

Would have gone to the Muse tour if it hit Cleveland. Saw them in 2013, they were great. Can't say I've enjoyed any of their recent albums though. That was an arena tour. Their stage/ production is so massive, I don't think they would play smaller venues at this point.

3. sam_might_say Sep 29, 2022
    (Last edited: Sep 29, 2022)
    sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Muse/Evanescence is definitely a weird pairing. Although it seems that Evanescence is having a bit of a resurgence in popularity, so I think it’s a smart move on their part to be on that tour. Although I’m curious at how it’ll perform

Blainer93 likes this.
  4. Cmoney86

Trusted

Every time muse has come to Chicago for the last 10 years they have played the United center. Outside of the small show at the riv this year and the one year they where on lollapalooza. They always seem to draw well/sell out the United center

5. paythetab

Chorus.FM Album Reviewer (Adam Grundy) Supporter

6. somethingwitty

Trusted

Did DaBaby really fall off that hard? He’s playing a 600 cap venue in Rochester in a month.

7. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Yes, he FELL off way hard

8. btr

Trusted Supporter

Water Street is 1000 cap but yeah i was surprised to see that too.

His new album is only predicted to do 16k first week while his last one in 2020 did 124k. Biiiig decline

9. somethingwitty

Trusted

That’s wild, the dude is trash but I figured most of his fans wouldn’t care about the LGBT comments he made.

10. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

didn't dababy fall off because he's a giant homophobe?

11. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Not related to DaBaby but seeing the mention of Water St in Rochester. Is that place still there? I went to Ithaca College and we'd drive up to Water St now and again (Shout out to seeing Fall Out Boy there a day after From Under The Cork Tree came out when they were clearly partied out after playing a release show in NYC). Do they still have that bathroom in the club at Water Street which has almost no light?

12. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

It also doesn’t help that he makes the same music over and over again and everyone grew tired of it

13. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Yeah it’s still there. I used to be close with the people who run it as of a few months ago but they’re bad people. That’s my rant.

14. Tifoil

ñ

Im surprised, as he was going to be a headliner in Lollapalooza last year, didnt expected him to fell that much even with him being a POS.

15. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

DaBaby also got clowned for trying to kiss random fans and then getting hard curved by them, which became a huge meme. It really hurt his image, not necessarily because his fans were sensitive to sexual harassment, but because it's so hilariously pathetic for a famous rapper to have such little suave or charisma that not even his fans want to kiss him.

DaydreamNation likes this.
  16. Xpertguy5

Trusted

bradsonemanband and Blainer93 like this.
  17. peoplearepoison

It’s a perfect day for letting go... Supporter

Looking at the track list, he doesn’t have any features (except Anthony Hamilton). His last record had roddy rich, future, and so on. Makes me wonder whether that is on purpose or not

18. peoplearepoison

It’s a perfect day for letting go... Supporter

At that same show he also aligned himself with Tory lanez after the Megan thee stallion shooting which was not a good look

19. btr

Trusted Supporter

Yeah they’re “reopened” as of 2021. Mostly doing in-house promoting. A lot of hip hop (Pusha T, Benny The Butcher, DaBaby, Jack Harlow) but other than that not much else aside from local stuff/parties. Knocked Loose and The Wonder Years are there, but that’s an outside promoter and the only shows of those genres in the room since reopening.

Anthology closed in July so that’s the current 1000 cap room in Rochester

20. btr

Trusted Supporter

DaBaby also regularly smacks his fans

21. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

There's a Twitter page dedicated to tracking DaBaby's scandals, and it's one of my favorite things on the internet

22. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

I can tell you with absolute certainty that they have no idea what they’re doing over there at Water Street. It’s being ran by two 30 year olds who spend most of the time getting stoned as shit in the basement and then spend their liquor budget on bottles for themselves. They make extremely questionable business decisions and love to use people. The house manager is also creepy with women and loves calling them things like “baby” and “sweetheart” and gives off weird vibes.

JoshIsMediocre likes this.
  23. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Interesting news: Troy from Queens Of The Stone Age will be filling in for Dave Navarro on the upcoming Smashing Pumpkins/Jane’s Addiction tour

24. Damn and here I thought long covid was a myth the shitlibs concocted to keep us scared

Seriously though that’s awful, Navarro is a legend. Great fill in choice however

Joe4th likes this.
  25. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

Not being facetious at all, I love when people on this site humble brag about the cool shows they've been to at very specific time periods before artists really blew up. fuck yeah

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.