Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tour Prediction and Speculation Thread [ARCHIVED] Tour • Page 1380

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

2. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

3. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

Wasn't there a whole bunch of speculation it was going to happen around that time? Felt like they were planting feelers out there for a while.

4. Cgarnsay

Trusted

There was...

I hate seeing this thread dead... hopefully this vaccine will change that.

theasteriskera likes this.
  5. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

maybe covid just proved that the pop punk band that's breaking up is all of them? :eyeglass:

6. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

There was supposed to be an Upsides and Suburbia 10 year tour this year. Sounds like it'll still happen when it's safe to do so.

7. sam_might_say

The Hella Mega Tour was probably already in the works by the time Blink tried to work something out with them. Probably why it fell through

I DO think it’ll happen again someday though. It’s a moneymaker, that’s for sure

ABRfan3295 likes this.
  8. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

The Pop Disaster Tour was a co-headliner.

They probably turned it down because no way is Green Day, who are touring baseball stadiums going to co-headline a tour with Blink, who had trouble filling up amphitheaters at half capacity last summer.

9. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I mean, Green Day went from headlining stadiums to a triple co-headliner at the same sized stadiums. I wouldn't say they are doing *that* much better with their draw.

10. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

I love Green Day, but I wouldn't go see them headline at a venue 10 minutes from me at this point. But when you throw in Fall Out Boy & Weezer, it's really hard to say no. I'd imagine there's a lot of people who feel the same

andysoto523 and anotherpancake like this.
  11. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Green Day wasn't playing venues the size they're playing on that tour. Not in every market, anyway...

I'd say they are right on par with Blink in terms of popularity (although probably not on this web site). And it's equal enough that both bands would probably need to play the same amount of time. There's also plenty of fan overlap between the two.

I think the biggest thing with Green Day is that they would need to gain something from giving up their usual set length. Which wouldn't happen from a Blink tour. Whereas, I think Weezer and Fall Out Boy both have distinct enough fanbases from the core Green Day fans that it would make sense.

There's also disparity enough between them that Green Day would still get a lengthy set time.

theasteriskera likes this.
  12. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

Didn't the Green Day album that release this year completely tank on the charts? I'd imagine that might play into things if a Green Day/Blink-182 co-headliner were to happen again.

13. Cmoney86

Trusted

68C57915-8253-43FA-ABA9-A397A377C387.jpeg

14. sam_might_say

Well, in Blink’s defense, I think that tour did poorly just because of the fact that it was an odd lineup with Lil Wayne in the mix. I imagine that if Blink were to tour with Green Day, it would do phenomenally better

Also, I imagine that if it were to happen, Blink would play before Green Day, no doubt about it

15. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Of course people would go to a Green Day/Blink tour...that wasn't my point. My point was, I think Blink needs Green Day on a tour more than Green Day would need Blink (which is probably why Green Day turned it down).

Green Day have pretty much been headlining arenas (no matter the opener) since American Idiot and to be honest, have a much more respectable career (hall of fame) and live show. Blink have toured with huge artists over the past 15-20 years but have mostly played pavilions/amphitheaters (yes, some arenas, but not as consistently as Green Day) and half of Blink's fans don't even know Tom's not in the band anymore.

Also, wasn't the overall consensus from the original Pop Disaster tour that Green Day blew Blink out of the water every night and the whole reason Green Day signed up for the tour in the first place was to make Blink look bad?

swboyd likes this.
  16. tyler2tall

Trusted Supporter

ding ding ding. Green Day plays arenas with small openers. Blink plays arenas with big openers (Fall Out Boy, My Chem, ADTR, All American Rejects, Lil Wayne). Has blink done a headlining arena tour since their reunion without good sized openers?

Blink is about to drop from playing 10-15k Hockey/Basketball arenas to playing 5k venues (Paramore, ADTR, All Time Low, etc)

theasteriskera and ncarrab like this.
  17. Xpertguy5

Trusted

18. Cmoney86

Trusted

They really want to perform that tour. I don’t think I’ve seen anyone postpone more then twice before canceling. This is the 4th time it’s been moved from the original dates

Matt504 likes this.
  19. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

It was an insanely fun show, I caught it right before everything shut down but I'll gladly go see it again several times if given the opportunity

HelloThisIsDog likes this.
  20. Tifoil

ñ

Today it's been exactly 9 month since the last show I attended: Every Time I Die playing Hot Damn! in full.

I just wanted to share it with someone as I really miss going to shows :(

21. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

The Michigan show was the next night and got cancelled, unfortunately.

Cgarnsay likes this.
  22. Tifoil

ñ

I'm surprised the Chicago date went as planned. I remember been waiting in line when I read on Twitter that lockdown would start in the city that same day at 5pm and other shows in other venues were being cancelled, but Metro and the band decided to still go with it.

In retrospective I think it was reckless and dumb, but at that moment I didn't realized the magnitude of covid.

Also, I just noticed the show was 3/12, for some reason I thought it was 3/14. Oh well...

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  23. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Same here, and that night was so surreal. I’m glad we got the show in just in time (though yes in hindsight definitely not great but it was so chaotic that week)

JaytotheGee and Tifoil like this.
  24. Tifoil

ñ

It was amazing! The crowd went extra hard that night, like if everybody knew it would be the last one in a long time.
    I lost my glasses and ended with bruises all over my body 10/10

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  25. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I count myself fortunate to have gotten a few more in before things went down to full lockdown: Nada Surf and Hot Water Music (two nights).

The day things got really weird and the whole lockdown thing started I was meant to be seeing Oso Oso with Just Friends and Sincere Engineer. And the night after was Dave Hause and the Explosion...

Man, what a ride it's been. Here's hoping people do their part, get vaccinated, and keep their shit together enough for us all to be seeing live music again in 2021.

theasteriskera and Tifoil like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.