Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tour Prediction and Speculation Thread [ARCHIVED] Tour • Page 1377

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I'm not gonna lie, Anthrax, Snoop and Limp Bizkit would be a sick show.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  2. andysoto523 Oct 16, 2020
    (Last edited: Oct 16, 2020)
    andysoto523

Regular

Tbh if I lived nearby I'd totally go to this fest. $200 for a weekend VIP is a good deal imo.

Limp Bizkit, Parkway Drive, Hatebreed, Killswitch, DevilDriver, Rise Against, Anti Flag, Sevendust, Suicide Silence, and Carnifex would be a fun weekend. There's plenty of bands I don't care for so no need to worry about finding time for a bathroom or beer break.

I don't know about the rest of you but I love seeing bands I don't give a shit about seeing sprinkled in fests I attend. Running from 1 stage immediately after 1 band ends to the next stage and repeating is exhausting. Yes I've literally ran to stages after bands ending with no breaks for hours and to see potential breaks is totally refreshing for me.

3. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I think I probably agree with you but I also don't think it's as out of the realm of possibility as this fall or winter were.

4. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

I really want to buy a ticket to Fest next year. I’m hoping we’ll be good for shows by then.

5. btr

Trusted Supporter

6. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Brent likes this.
  7. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

This seems uncalled for given that it's a festival.

8. tyler2tall

Trusted Supporter

Less Than Jake would do this daily on Warped Tour

theasteriskera likes this.
  9. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Yeah my first Warped/LTJ set, they pulled someone from the crowd and gave them a Mohawk

10. andysoto523

Regular

Aftershock 2021 (Oct 7-10) lineup is dropping on Thursday

11. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

12. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Festival bubble has bursted, under the worst possible circumstances.

13. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I wouldn't say it has burst everywhere. A lot of festivals have solid lineups if you keep up with newer music. The rock festivals though? I would probably agree.

14. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

You could make the argument that the rock festival bubble burst pre-COVID as these festivals all seemed to have the same lineup year after year with multiple versions taking place across the country. COVID was just the final blow.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  15. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

It still trips me out that we had like, a full decade of those festivals and not a single one of note ever found its way to the northeast of the US. The market here for that sub-genre of "rock" is probably significantly smaller than it is in the midwest/southeast...

But still.

16. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

What about Boston Calling?

EDIT: Or do you mean more "radio rock" fests?

17. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I was talking more "rock" festivals. I'd put Boston Calling more in line with a Lollapalooza or whatever. Smaller scale, and definitely skews more rock than most of those...

But yeah, I was more referring to the ones that are like, 75% active rock radio/nu-metal bands and 25% Rise Against, Anti-Flag, Andrew W.K., a single 90s hip-hop act, Tech9, hanger-on "metal core" Warped Tour bands from the 2010s, etc.

18. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

I imagine we were talking about rock festivals more in the "Danny Whimmer Presents..." or whatever the hell his name was lane. It always seemed like those festivals outside of Rock On The Range and the one in Carolina had trouble staying afloat. Thinking of Chicago Open Air specifically.

bachna84 and alkalinexandy like this.
  19. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I think the biggest issue is that there just wasn't enough diversity to maintain the size. The venn diagram of Slipknot and Disturbed fans who would pay money to see both bands headline is pretty much just a circle. There's outliers, sure... But most of the headliners have the same fanbase. I'd be curious to see how different the attendance is for years where festivals like that have like, a Blink-182, a Weezer, or a Rise Against as a headliner.

Because with consistent headliners and a line-up that has basically all acts that pull from the same pool of fans with a handful of exceptions? There's not much room to expand, and you're really limiting who is going to pull the trigger and pick up a ticket. Even if you add a few acts across some other genres to make yourselves look a bit more diverse? It's not going to work all that well.

When it's predominantly Genre X and there's 3-4 outliers per day, it's not going to do much more than look good on paper unless those outliers are a major draw.

And when there's so much recycling of bands in festivals of that type, attendance is bound to dwindle.

20. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

There was Rock Allegiance near Philly

21. Xpertguy5

Trusted

22. Tifoil

ñ

I would love to see Creeper at Riot Fest.

also, I wonder who is the mistery band reunion playing this

23. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

I wonder if MGK is opening the MCR tour

24. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

25. Joshua

Regular

I’m thinking it’s Attack Attack!

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.