Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tour Prediction and Speculation Thread [ARCHIVED] Tour • Page 1375

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. btr

Trusted Supporter

I’m sure all of the promoters, stagehands, artists, venues, etc would love to grab some cash after being laid off/making a fraction of their usual income for 8+ months

alkalinexandy likes this.
  2. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

But I mean, if you split it between you and a few friends then it ain’t that bad

(it’s a different story if you’re going to the show by yourself)

alkalinexandy likes this.
  3. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I should clarify that when I said cash grab I was looking at it from the perspective that they are charging so much when a lot of folks are still out of work or are struggling to make ends meet because of the pandemic. I understand folks in the industry need to make money.

Cgarnsay likes this.
  4. Tifoil

ñ

The thing that frustrates me about drive-in shows is that I don't have a car, and none of my friends/classmates with car likes the same music as me. I would love to go and see New Found Glory or Knuckle Puck

5. Tifoil

ñ

How much were tickets for this one?
    It is sold out now and I cant check the prices, but I have the idea they were not that expensive

6. cricketandclover Sep 30, 2020
    (Last edited: Sep 30, 2020)
    cricketandclover

Things have changed.

No one is forcing people to go. And if there's ever a time where artists should be asking for more money to literally survive, this is it.

Not everything in life should be egalitarian – not even things that are vaguely punk rock.

ABRfan3295, alkalinexandy and Tifoil like this.
  7. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

My friend bought them but I think we're splitting a $120 car four ways?

Tifoil likes this.
  8. I think the ticket price is fine. These bands also aren’t working right now. They aren’t doing a drive in tour. It’s just a show or two. And they’re probably not making much off of merch sales. So yeah... I think the price isn’t bad at all. (But I still dont like the idea of a drive in show haha)

alkalinexandy and Tifoil like this.
  9. Tifoil

ñ

That is a really good price! I would like to think NFG and KP would be something similar

10. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I didn't even think about the cost-splitting. $300 split between four people is $75/person. More expensive than an average show, sure. But it still doesn't feel unreasonable all things considered... When you factor in setting up the stage. Getting the sound system set-up. Paying for additional security measures. You're also probably going to have less people in attendance than you would normally because of the social distancing measures.

I'm not sure what the specific math is, but logically it makes sense that they would have to charge more to make these things happen effectively. I don't think anyone is price gouging or being unfair when you consider the overhead.

I'm all for anyone doing what they can to make a bit of money with these outdoor things while they can. If people want to pay for it, they'll pay for it. If they don't, they won't.

theasteriskera likes this.
  11. Cmoney86

Trusted

120480136_3317683081680466_646667532230511631_o.jpg

dilleo, snaps and riotspray like this.
  12. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

Neck Deep US tour pushed back to next year. Looks like same time period. nothing,nowhere and Heart Attack Man are listed as support on the Facebook event, but no Grayscale.

13. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

Pretty sure the support bands were never announced for that tour.

14. korey011

Regular

May be added later on since Grayscale is on Sad Summer

15. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

They never were but they were leaked a long time ago.

16. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

I'm generally happy the industry has adapted to drive-in shows as a means to generate an income for those who need it so desperately right now, but I have no interest in seeing any shows from the type of music I listen to while I sit in my car. It just doesn't work for me at all because I'd rather be eye level with the singer from Thou as he spits into a microphone.

But ultimate, you all do you. It just doesn't work for me.

17. I really liked the Andrew McMahon drive-in show, but he's certainly better suited to that environment that most punk/hardcore/metal bands. I'm really curious how the Riot Fest drive-in shows do. I can see New Found Glory being alright, but Knuckle Puck and Hot Mulligan doesn't seem fun at drive-in distances to me at all.

18. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I feel the same way. Minus the spitting, haha. There's a short list of artists I would be amped to see in a setting like that across genres. Basically any band that I'd wind up potentially being stuck in a seat anyway to see (e.g., Deftones, Weezer, the National, Jimmy Eat World). But even then? I'd want to stand up to bounce around a tiny bit, throw my fist in the air, and the like.

But nothing is happening within 60+ minutes of me, anyway, for the time being...

19. Tifoil

ñ

It seems The Postal Service have something for tomorrow.
    I know Ben said the band would disband permanently after their last show in 2013, but one can only hope

riotspray and bradsonemanband like this.
  20. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

I’ve changed my mind on drive-in shows and would actually like to go to one. Problem is, so far there haven’t been any of my interest here in OC. A lot of cool ones have been happening in Riverside (30 miles east of me). I have no trouble with the drive, but finding lemons to go with me is tough. And frankly I don’t wanna shell the $99 for just myself

21. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

I would go to a drive-in show if we had any!!

22. It'll either be an announcement of new recordings, or a livestream performance. Hoping for the former.

Brent likes this.
  23. Tifoil

ñ

Welp, now Im disappointed and sad

Brent likes this.
  24. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah that was a total letdown.

25. btr

Trusted Supporter

Test run for large crowds coming back

riotspray likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.