Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tour Prediction and Speculation Thread [ARCHIVED] Tour • Page 1362

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Surprised that he even sold 84 tickets

2. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

That Vanilla Ice show I went to sold decently well, but let's be honest, it was also a package tour with five other artists (Rob Base, C&C Music Factory, Coolio, Kid N Play, All4One).

3. Cgarnsay

Trusted

I have a good friend who has told me a lot of tours in Europe and most have been factual...

So he told me this.

Mid-Spring 2021- HIM, Asking Alexandria and Being As An Ocean European Tour
    Arena/ Large Theatres

Late Summer 2021- HIM, Black Veil Brides, and Bad Omens US Tour
    Large Theatres/Festivals

I would much prefer the European lineup, but regardless, HIM coming back already feels right...

ABRfan3295 and Xpertguy5 like this.
  4. Tifoil

ñ

I don't understand bands that announced a farewell tour/final show just to come back in 5 years or less, like Motion City Soundtrack, Anberlin and now it seems HIM.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy as now I got a chance to see them and fans are happy to have them back, but why not just call it a hiatus

5. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

I’m biased as MCS is my favorite band, but their whole “final” tour was billed as Farewell, for now. I can definitely still see the criticism though.

Brent likes this.
  6. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I feel like you guys are underestimating how long five years is. Maybe five years ago they legitimately didn’t think there was any chance they’d play together again. Things change.

phaynes12 likes this.
  7. Xpertguy5

Trusted

Never got to see HIM so I'm stoked for that

8. Cgarnsay

Trusted

Its been three for them lol...

Regardless you are 100% correct

TJ Wells likes this.
  9. Cmoney86

Trusted

I saw him once and I don’t even remember their show. They where support for the 2007 linkin park Projekt revolution tour which also featured my chemical romance taking back Sunday saosin mindless self indulgence madina lake styles of beyond julien k placebo and the bled

riotspray and joe.boy.fresh. like this.
  10. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Eh, people get bored or can change their minds. Life is short. As long as bands are happy, that’s all I care about. At the end of the day, it doesn’t really matter.

11. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

if you gonna complain about bands doing a farewell tour and then coming back, complain about KISS or Ozzy or someone who's done it multiple times over the course of many decades

Xpertguy5 and Jake W like this.
  12. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

I think there's a lot of factors to people being actually hyped for a reunion or rolling their eyes when a band comes out of retirement. I think the big one is how big of a spectacle the bands make about something being their "final tour". I look at the difference between Rage Against The Machine and My Chemical Romance returning vs. bands like Mötley Crüe and Kiss. The former is so sudden that people are actually excited when they come back. The latter however turns into a joke of "yeah right, see you in 5 years for the reunion tour". I won't be shocked in the slightest if Slayer comes back after the big long tour and huge deal they made out of them disbanding.

riotspray likes this.
  13. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Yeah I was always under the impression that they would return eventually

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  14. Tifoil

ñ

I totally forgot about Motley Crue reunion. And it's the same with Ozzy or Kiss or Judas Priest or Scorpions or Deep Purple, they have announced sooo many farewell tours that it's seems like a joke among those classic rock / metal bands.

15. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

16. Jordan Gurrentz

J-Rentz

A "farewell tour" or "reunion tour" sells more tickets than just calling it any other tour name. Yeah, fans look at it as a joke, but they will still buy tickets cuz, one day, it will be their final tour.

17. RogrStahlback Jul 7, 2020
    (Last edited: Jul 7, 2020)
    RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

bradsonemanband likes this.
  18. tyler2tall

Trusted Supporter

A farewell tour is basically just saying going forward we probably will only be playing a few festivals a year and having 1 US tour every 4-5 years.

19. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

20. Cmoney86

Trusted

21. Jordan Gurrentz

J-Rentz

22. btr

Trusted Supporter

PVRIS headliner rescheduled. Don't see a flyer yet, by my new date is now April 11, 2021

23. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Hell might as well just re-add cities they’ve played at this point lmao

24. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

Deftones / Gojira / Poppy moved to next summer. Dates on their website.

dilleo likes this.
  25. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

dilleo likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.