Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tour Prediction and Speculation Thread [ARCHIVED] Tour • Page 1329

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. andysoto523

Regular

Still waiting every day for an announcement on that SOAD/Korn show. Starting to think it might be cancelled.

2. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Punk Rock Bowling was postponing to Fall but is now postponing to 2021

3. Mtlman1331

Trusted

Not music related, but The Jurassic Park live tour just cancelled all future tour dates citing, having no idea when they can resume operations and taking into consideration peoples income issues from this all, something to definitely take note of in the future.

Brent likes this.
  4. Mtlman1331

Trusted

So the arenas and stadiums will likely be closed until sometime in August or September

ESPN.com reports that U.S. President Donald Trump had a conference call with major league sports commissioners on Saturday to discuss the future of sporting events while the Coronavirus pandemic is occurring. The article noted the following:

“Trump also said he hopes to have fans back in stadiums and arenas by August and September, sources said, though it is currently unclear if medical experts find that to be a realistic timeline amid the current coronavirus pandemic.”

5. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Naw, they’re 100% gonna be closed longer than that. Whatever trump says you gotta go with the opposite happening at this time.

6. Xpertguy5

Trusted

I can see them being open but with a limited attendance

7. Mtlman1331

Trusted

I agree with you, this is just proof the government is saying no sooner than Aug or Sept which means summer concert season is pretty much dead.

8. TMS2787

Trusted

This is also the clown who said he wants the country open on Easter. C’mon now.

9. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

Easter 2021 maybe

Xpertguy5 likes this.
  10. TMS2787

Trusted

Even that seems a little premature.

11. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I don’t wanna be this guy, but that seems almost as crazy as what Trump is proposing.
    The entire world cannot be shut down for a year. It’s just not possible. Or are you just referring to massive gatherings like festivals and sporting events?

12. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I mean a virus doesn’t really care if we can’t shut down the economy or not

333 GANG, Brent, riotspray and 2 others like this.
  13. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Ok but like...at a certain point the world cannot sustain itself if the economy is shut down for that long. Millions of people out of work, riots, crime, etc...that’s just...it.

ABRfan3295 likes this.
  14. ItsAndrew Apr 4, 2020
    (Last edited: Apr 5, 2020)
    ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I mean it definitely sucks that so many people are struggling financially right now and out of a job but when it’s someone you know who has the virus or is dying from the virus it really hits home for you and you realize that as long as the virus is still overwhelming our healthcare system to the point we can’t take care of everyone who needs medical attention, then we can’t go back to our normal lives. Personally, I think it’s best to prolong shows and sports from happening as long as necessary because in the end someone’s life is way more important and valuable than forms of entertainment that aren’t vital in life.

15. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I totally agree with stuff like that. But restaurants, bars...I feel like we have to find a way to open those in the next several months?

16. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

In the end, restaurants and bars are not vital establishments and if opening them is at the cost of people’s lives then I’m all for them staying closed. People are dying that shouldn’t be dying because our country failed to take this virus seriously for a while when everyone else knew how serious this virus is.

bachna84 and pauljgreco like this.
  17. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Also this is a good tweet:

For example, Bad Bad Hats rescheduled their March tour for May and they’re just going to have to postpone it again. Prince Daddy/Oso Oso postponed until June and they will likely have to postpone again. Some bands are being a bit ignorant as to how long this will potentially go on.

Brent, bachna84 and pauljgreco like this.
  18. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

I’m talking about large gatherings. Seems unlikely to me that they’ll happen before a vaccine is available.

19. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

damnit... this really does suck. We were really looking forward to seeing this in Providence.

Xpertguy5 likes this.
  20. Mtlman1331

Trusted

i passed on going in Philly but we were gonna go to the Allentown tour dates cause they were like $20 cheaper...well in retrospect poor choice. Heard it was fun though.

21. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Xpertguy5 likes this.
  22. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

23. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Just assume that you're not going to anymore shows for the rest of 2020 and anything show that happens prior to that is good news. Set your expectations low.

24. estacey99

Oh yeah, oh yeah, everything is terrible.

the last time I went to this few shows in a year I was only just getting started in my concert-going

25. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

The only bands I got to see this year were Alter Bridge and Have Mercy, coincidentally two of the worst shows I’ve ever been to lmao.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.