Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tour Prediction and Speculation Thread [ARCHIVED] Tour • Page 1280

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah TSSF sold out two nights at the 1,000 capacity Metro in Chicago. The Maine only sold out one date at the House of Blues.

2. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

To be fair that was with Citizen and Turnover both supporting, who also both (or at least Turnover) can headline the Metro. The Maine had Twin XL who really isn't that big yet. But I would still agree overall TSSF is a little bigger.

3. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

4. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I wish Warped would just die already, but on another note it looks like Sleep On It may be on Warped At Sea (if it is happening).

5. prtyscenes

welcome to hell boys

i mean the maine has sold out their own festival at least two years in a row now and that's just in one state.

6. andysoto523

Regular

riotspray and digitalbath like this.
  7. sixfeetlive

I’ve been saying ATL was on sad summer for so long lmao

8. prtyscenes

welcome to hell boys

yeah, everyone kind of has. the maine has been promoting everything new ATL does which makes sense if they're basically headlining the fest

9. sixfeetlive

They’re also really good friends too, so it wouldn’t have been that obvious just from that but you’re right they do promote ATL a lot

10. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

11. prtyscenes

welcome to hell boys

oh definitely, they've always been ones to do some shows together. they promoted the new single and the announcement of the album which is normally a hint for a tour announcement

12. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Well, now we know Sad Summer is happening. Any word if Disrupt is coming back?

13. Xpertguy5

Trusted

Probably not. It flopped so hard last year.

digitalbath likes this.
  14. prtyscenes

welcome to hell boys

honestly i don't think they will bring it back. there was so many venues on the tour that were EMPTY

15. Xpertguy5

Trusted

Plus mayhem fest is coming back

digitalbath likes this.
  16. digitalbath

Regular

Speaking of, a lot of bands that were speculated to be on Mayhem Fest have been announced for doing different tours.

Anyone have any new insight for who could be on?

17. Xpertguy5

Trusted

My guess is probably avenged sevenfold or rob zombie. Maybe Marilyn Manson since the ozzy tour he was supposed to open got canceled

digitalbath likes this.
  18. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

The only real headliners they have left that aren't busy during the usual time frame are:

A Day To Remember (unlikely with radius clause with Slipknot tour)
    Avenged Sevenfold
    Breaking Benjamin (i guess? The festivals main demographic probably wouldn't be too stoked though)
    Bring Me The Horizon (a few overseas dates they could probably work around)
    Five Finger Death Punch
    Godsmack
    Tool (super unlikely, but who knows? If they wanted to come back and earn a ton of cash it could be then)

Likely main stage if I were to guess:

Five Finger Death Punch
    Godsmack
    Motionless in White
    The Amity Affliction

Edit: Whatever it is they might want to announce it soon. I'm sure a lot of people are already stacking up their summers with shows and might not be able to add another one when they do announce it. For myself, July is already looking busy with Megadeth/LOG and Deftones back to back nights.

digitalbath likes this.
  19. Xpertguy5

Trusted

Five finger death punch have a big spring tour but no summer dates. I'd imagine they'd want to tour in the summer especially since they have a new album coming out

20. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Sad Summer Fest also looks to be in late-summer this year, which seems to work better with some peoples schedules, at least in what I've seen.

Getting a day off in the heat of summer when everyone's trying to go to Europe or Disney or something, and teenagers are working wack internships is fucking awful.

digitalbath likes this.
  21. Jordan Gurrentz

J-Rentz

I can't imagine Disrupt Festival would come back when the company who produced it filed for bankruptcy partly due to the loss they incurred from this tour

22. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

theasteriskera likes this.
  23. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

Also, how the hell did Alesana get over two million Facebook likes? Was there a point where they were headlining 2,000 - 3,000 cap venues, and I didn't see it happen?

24. Mtlman1331

Trusted

For about a good year they were huge and yes they were, but then they put out of combo of bad music, bad business, and refused to swallow their pride to stay relevant....so here we are

25. digitalbath Feb 21, 2020
    (Last edited: Feb 22, 2020)
    digitalbath

Regular

Oh same. LOG/Megdeth, Slipknot/ADTR, BTBAM, Tame Impala, The Weeknd, and more TBA for me just in June and July. Mayhem has to hit heavy for me to consider it at this point.

A small handful of other bands I could see potentially headlining that aren’t as likely: Meshuggah, Mastodon, and Amon Amarth.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.