Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tour Prediction and Speculation Thread [ARCHIVED] Tour • Page 1179

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. chris_williams67

Regular

Boston Calling festival is announcing something today, if it’s headliners I really hope they got RATM somehow

2. emlantzy

Regular

South America & Asia announce in 2020

midnightxtaylor and marissalg like this.
  3. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I doubt it's Rage Against The Machine, but I wouldn't be mad if it were! I'm guessing it's a headliner, though... Or an announcement for an announcement. (Insert eye roll here.)

Either way, we'll probably know in ~40 minutes or so. They tend to announce things at 10am EST.

4. chris_williams67

Regular

Someone commented on the instagram post saying that the headliners are The Strokes, MCR and Post Malone and the boston calling account replied back with an emoji so maybe its true

alkalinexandy likes this.
  5. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

That would make sense. I'm also wondering if they might be bumping up the announcement this year. Historically, it's been in late January/early February... But more and more festivals are announcing earlier. would be good to get ahead of it.

And I do think that MCR is a big enough act to warrant announcing so early too.

6. chris_williams67

Regular

Guess not at 10, probably at 12pm

7. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Ratboys tour dates popping up - 5/10 at the Camel in Richmond.

8. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Just posted first two headliners: Foo Fighters and Red Hot Chili Peppers. Full line-up coming in January (69 additional artists).

Feels like they're really ramping it up this year...

chris_williams67 likes this.
  9. chris_williams67

Regular

Two out of the three Boston Calling headliners are The Foo Fighters and the Red Hot Chili Peppers, and the festival now has 5 stages

10. chris_williams67

Regular

I wonder where they’ll put the two additional stages, probably one next to the blue stage but not sure about the 5th

11. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

They may just double-up the Blue Stage (maybe using a rotating stage?) or use the indoor stage a little differently. Last year, excluding the comedians, etc. there were ~50 artists. So they're either includng the comics and performance arts acts in that count or they're doing something different with the stages...

12. BackwardsDuck

kcauQ

In 2018 there was five stages including the arena and the IKEA lounge stage

13. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

[​IMG]

ItsAndrew likes this.
  14. CTFFEMT93

Regular

The ghost inside just announced a UK show for the Fourth of July.
    any rumblings of when they are gonna play a stateside show? Hopefully east coast.

theasteriskera likes this.
  15. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I didn't go in 2018, but I remember in 2017 that IKEA Lounge area was basically just a spot for DJ sets. Did that change?

16. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Im guessing RHCP and Foo Fighters would be on different days?

17. BackwardsDuck

kcauQ

It was the same as 2017 from what it sounds like but they still considered it a stage. I hope the 5th stage is an actual stage

18. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Most definitely. There's a third headliner that will be announced with the full line-up too, I'm sure.

Yeah, but it didn't really count toward the number of artists. I'm sure they considered it a "stage" but I was just looking at the artists they included on the poster/in the line-up announcements and on the schedule.

I'm wondering if they'll switch things up some and start to utilize the indoor arena space a bit more. They experimented with that some last year. It would be easy enough to set something up for the comedy elsewhere (though the A/C and tables was a welcome break haha).

19. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Friday would be tough to do, working and all that... but a Saturday RHCP and a sunday foo fighters.....

20. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Having that Monday off after that festival is always great. Depending on how the schedule shakes out for Friday, I usually wind up putting in for a half-vacation day and heading to the festival straight from work. It's one of the pros to working along the red line! B-)

pauljgreco likes this.
  21. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

I had an office a while back, in a building right behind Riverside (green-D), which was nice I could park in my parking lot (for free), and hop the green line into town for anything - no pay for parking at riverside :)

22. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

The Last Ten Seconds of Life added to the Born of Osiris headliner.

23. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

24. ABRfan3295

Regular

We Came As Romans said they're announcing a tour next week. Any ideas on who they'll be touring with?

25. emlantzy

Regular

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.