Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tour Prediction and Speculation Thread [ARCHIVED] Tour • Page 1139

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. michael_gatto

Trusted

Happy Austin gets a Counterparts date, but slightly bummed we won't get Dying Wish or END. Guess it's time to check out Greyhaven. Super sick lineup though, makes up for another Acacia Strain tour skipping Austin.

2. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

SECRETS Fall US Tour
    [​IMG]

blinxspot likes this.
  3. emlantzy

Regular

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  4. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Damn.. I'm honestly shocked this isn't hitting Columbus or Pittsburgh :(

ccsc918 likes this.
  5. rbarlyo

wawa defender

Bullshit how the 4 local dates have END on them and overlap the Boston Manor tour. Pittsburgh or Buffalo it is

6. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

I’m no expert on this genre at all, but these venues seems kind of small for them?

7. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Detroit's the same venue it was last time last year. Tyler the Creator's playing the same room in a couple weeks. I think they're both weird sort of acts to place though - I feel like both could play theaters that are a little larger, but both understand the importance of having GA pits.

8. xthisislove

Regular

It’s a venue that I believe is trying to make a comeback since it was a pretty standard venue for people to come to 10 or so years ago.
    I also think they’re doing these venues super strategically to make the stats look better and the demand for the people who couldn’t get in to come next time and keep hype. The faster it sells out the better they look to promoters and pollstar.

It could also just boil down to a routing thing and that was the only venue close to what they wanted available. I’d be willing to bet it’s more of the strategy game.

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  9. estacey99

Oh yeah, oh yeah, everything is terrible.

Toronto venue is the one they would've played at last year, and is the biggest one they'll play at (7,779 capacity compared to 2,500 capacity at the last Toronto show)

10. BackwardsDuck

kcauQ

Call the number on the Counterparts tour poster

emlantzy likes this.
  11. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

The Front Bottoms / Beach Bunny are doing a one-off show at Michigan State University, September 12.

MegT585 likes this.
  12. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Why can’t this be a tour tho?

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  13. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Stick To Your Guns added to Knocked Loose's tour

14. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

god, they are on every tour. ive seen them literally 5 times and am never there for t hem

theasteriskera likes this.
  15. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

16. MyMartianRomance

95% caffeine

This isn't fully show speculation but The Ghost Inside have just announced that they will play more shows in the future. Just a handful of shows in 2020, won't be consecutive.

Nothing else announced yet besides album #5 in the works. So wouldn't be surprised if one of these shows end up being an album release show. But, other things will be announce in the future.

theasteriskera and pauljgreco like this.
  17. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

That’s pretty cool news. Completely random
    But I always kind of wonder how those guys have been making a living these last few years with all the horrible stuff they’ve dealt with

18. xthisislove

Regular

Jim is a pretty well known tour manager, he has done everything from falling in reverse and now does more larger scale tours outside of the “scene” he’s been on tour pretty much since the accident. I’m not sure what the other guys do to sustain themselves but I would imagine there was a hefty payout from the bus and truck company involved alongside disability.

19. MyMartianRomance

95% caffeine

Rumor says its might not be completely random.

I saw a few rumors about The Ghost Inside might be playing Unify 2020, which would be why they would announce it now that they will play shows in the future and to watch for announcements "coming soon" since Unify would be announcing their lineup within the next 2 weeks.

20. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

[​IMG]

for all the real rockers out there.

21. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

22. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I've literally never heard of The WC Social Club before and Google shows one result (a page to buy tickets to this show and literally one other show allegedly there). I don't even think it's a real place?

23. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

799 Doobie @ The WC Social Club 2019-11-22 - The Ticket Rumba

It's in West Chicago apparently. 920 Roosevelt Avenue. It's also called Tequila Roadhouse(?).

Either way, it looks like an okay venue, at least for bridge dancing:

theasteriskera likes this.
  24. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

What is bridge dancing? I have never heard that term in my life.

riotspray likes this.
  25. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Jeez. It's literally nowhere near Chicago (an hour and a half away), and coupled with the fact that it's difficult to find the address and they claim it's in Chicago, I have a strong feeling very few people are going to show up.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.