Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tour Prediction and Speculation Thread [ARCHIVED] Tour • Page 1059

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Guessing it's a mini-tour around a festival. Goldfinger has a festival date on 8/31. The one that's throwing me off is Big D and the Kids Table being on the bill.

I find it hard to believe the band would trek out to Chicago for one show. If nothing else, I'd bank on Big D touring (maybe with the Planet Smashers?)

2. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

3. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

It’s happened before. Last year Goldfinger played the HOB in San Diego and Anaheim, and Suicide Machines flew out just for those two shows

alkalinexandy likes this.
  4. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

What is the deal with these new bands doing five band shows? Everyone hates it stop.

5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

theasteriskera likes this.
  6. btr

Trusted Supporter

That's the only way C-List pop punk bands can fill a room

7. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

True
    true, it’s the pop punk for 12 year olds tour

8. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

3 bands is perfect

theasteriskera and TJ Wells like this.
  9. Xpertguy5

Trusted

blinxspot likes this.
  10. bkaeser93

Trusted

blinxspot likes this.
  11. btr

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]

12. Jon

Regular

Old school riff devils and new school riff devils. Color me interested.

riotspray and swboyd like this.
  13. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Last time Like Pacific played Chicago in October 2018 they played the Cobra Lounge, which only fits a couple hundred if that. I did some research and the show didn’t sell out. Now they are playing the Bottom Lounge which fits 700 people.

Sleep On It rarely does headliners here (despite Chicago being their hometown) so the past few times they have played it’s been because they were opening for bigger bands). I honestly don’t think they would sell out if they headlined Subterranean which is a few hundred less capacity. My point is that I think some bands think, or are under the impression that they are bigger than they actually are.

Emokid79 likes this.
  14. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Also I think playing an album in full when it’s your only album and less than 5 years old is kind of pointless. You already play a decent amount of songs from the album and the album hasn’t reached the nostalgia point yet, nor is there enough indication it will become an album people want to hear in full.

15. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Fun fact: Every show can be a three band bill if you show up late enough.

16. blinxspot

I honestly don't get the hate this lineup is getting. Its the same complaints Warped used to get every year but this is a great lineup top to bottom

ABRfan3295 likes this.
  17. cybele

set our hearts ablaze Supporter

Wow until this exact moment I thought Tilian was spelled with two "L"s. You learn something new every day!

Xpertguy5, red8ge and blinxspot like this.
  18. Xpertguy5

Trusted

I agree. I like this one better than the Worcester lineup.

19. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

I loved 5+ band bills in high school. I really don't see what's surprising about newer bands with primarily teenage fans doing the same now.

I may attend that tour. I'm not familiar with Never Loved, but the other 4 are great.

Contender and Ben Buchnat like this.
  20. Bdrinkwater

I think four is my preferred amount of bands, enough to get your money’s worth and gives room for a more diverse lineup without dragging on too much, though this mainly applies to hardcore shows where bands are playing a 45 minute max set

21. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

[​IMG]

22. emlantzy

Regular

I was at that Cobra Lounge show and there was less than 50 people there if I'm remembering correctly. It was pretty sad.

23. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Jeez. WHY would they play a venue over double in capacity if that was the case last time they played here? I am at a loss for words on this one honestly.

24. emlantzy

Regular

I think they're banking on it being a Sleep On It and Homesafe hometown show. I know Homesafe has sold out SubT before, I don't know much about SOI though

Morgan and ItsAndrew like this.
  25. Why isn't Homesafe headlining that tour? They sell out venues that are the same size.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.