Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tour Prediction and Speculation Thread [ARCHIVED] Tour • Page 1057

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. thatissometal

Regular

Haha sorry about that, I thought this was showing both CA and Worcester.

2. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Same management.

3. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

I thought I read somewhere that the east & west coast warped dates would be Set Your Goals final shows? Idk where I read that but I’m pretty sure it wasn’t a dream

4. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Yeah, they said that. Part of their Facebook post when they confirmed being on Warped.

Guess the offer they got from Self Help is enough to make them backpedal on that. Looks like they're on track to become a festival band.

theasteriskera likes this.
  5. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I am ok with SYG lying if I can keep seeing them

theasteriskera and GEM37 like this.
  6. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

Feels like a lot of that is them being pretty successful elsewhere.

Matt is working on Wall Street trading stocks, Junior's doing Absolute Merch, Jordan had gone back to school, Mike's in like 7 bands and doing custom woodwork projects, Dan's in Atlanta with his family and teaching.

theasteriskera and GEM37 like this.
  7. michael_gatto

Trusted

That Acacia Strain lineup is sick

8. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

9. TMS2787

Trusted

Well… it’s moving from a theater to an arena. How would the arena bowl not be seated?

10. btr

Trusted Supporter

Ahh I assumed the original venue was an outdoor ampitheater like my date. Would have been annoying to have the GA section just to be converted to seats

11. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

The original venue is GA standing room only.

12. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

That actually probably is what will happen here. I don’t think it’s possible to fit all of the Aragon ticket holders on the United Center GA floor.

ItsAndrew likes this.
  13. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Set Your Goals playing Self Help makes me wonder if they'll squeeze in Riot Fest?

14. TMS2787

Trusted

Talking about the Code Orange show… yesterday was a shit show at Sonic Temple. A whole stage got cancelled, the comedy tent cancelled, half of the main stage bands didn’t play and two bands on the second stage had shorter sets. I didn’t get to see anyone I wanted to see but Refued and The Distillers played an after show at Ace of Cups, which holds like 350 people or so. I was so thrilled to see Refused and the crowd was excited and on ten in line and then inside. Last night was one of those shows where I felt “this is why I love live music.”

Emokid79, red8ge and ALT/MSC/FAN like this.
  15. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Yeah, I honestly don't think I'll ever go to one of those festivals. Waaaaay too many variables and stuff going wrong.

16. red8ge

Regular

it's been a really awful string of luck for the DWP festivals this season.

theasteriskera likes this.
  17. Cmoney86

Trusted

if they kept open air in july there would have maybe been less problems just way hotter and sonic temple aka rock on the range has always been held the same weekend so......

18. Cmoney86

Trusted

45766s.gif
    seat map from ticket master

btr likes this.
  19. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Honestly, seeing Code Orange/Knocked Loose/Harm's Way/Vein pull together a last minute show (like Refused/The Distillers did) also made me realize how not every band is in it for the money and most bands just want to go out there and play music.

I kind of wish more bands would just assemble an "all-star" (not sure how else to describe it) lineup and play random cheap shows where you just line up and buy tickets. It was just a unique experience.

riotspray and theasteriskera like this.
  20. Bdrinkwater

Defeater did a secret show before their record release tour at a tiny DIY spot for maybe 30-50 people, one of the coolest shows I’ve been to, it was in Western Mass too which very rarely gets shows from non-locals

Morgan and theasteriskera like this.
  21. TMS2787 May 20, 2019
    (Last edited: May 20, 2019)
    TMS2787

Trusted

Refused and The Distillers charged $10 and donated 100% of it to a women’s charity. What a class move.

They still did get paid for the festival but they could’ve charged more and kept the money but they did it for the fans and charity. Made it even better.

The best thing was the punk dude who pulled up in a cab as where walking up and his crazy studded vest on, his FYe bag from the festival and was getting out of the car as it was moving and yells WHEW!! Let’s do this motherfuckers!! And sprints to get in line. I loved every second of it.

ALT/MSC/FAN and alkalinexandy like this.
  22. DonnyFTW

Regular

That Like Pacific/Sleep On It tour appears to be getting announced tomorrow at noon EST.

Steven c likes this.
  23. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Going off of the whole last minute shows thing, have any of you been lucky to get tickets to shows that sold out within a minute (or a few minutes at most) before? This kind of sounds like a bragging question but I’m just curious! Because I’ve only had it happen twice and that was to see Better Oblivion Community Center twice.

24. Cgarnsay

Trusted

Coheed Platinum tickets... anytime I have tried up until now

25. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I’ve actually been able to go to any show I’ve wanted no matter how quickly it’s sold out I always get through

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.