Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tour Prediction and Speculation Thread [ARCHIVED] Tour • Page 1002

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. kkhawk24

Saw the brand new and crime in stereo surprise sets at the movielife "farewell" show.

Also saw the wonder years play the Barbary (like 200 people) two days before their 3 days of full album shows in 2015. That was pretty awesome. Something weird happened with that where they put it on sale the night before and it was only letting people buy tickets as 1s or 4s so there were tons of people outside the venue scalping

2. a lack of color

Regular

- Just saw Taking Back Sunday two weeks ago at a bar with a 150 cap crowd. They also did a pop up show two years ago at another bar on LI that I went to. And I was at the Irving Plaza show in December where they played their first 3 albums.
    - Saw the Jonas Brothers play a free show at Irving Plaza (1200 cap) during the height of their fame in 2009. They announced that 6 hours before and I almost straight up ran out of school lol.
    - I left my boyfriend's sister's birthday party to see Ed Sheeran play a pop up show at the Paramount (1500 cap). His family was not happy but it was absolutely worth it.

theasteriskera likes this.
  3. crash53456

Regular

In 2014, I saw Fall Out Boy play a radio show that you had to win tickets to in a 400 cap room. It was just a 5 song acoustic set, but still awesome!

4. mikeb1124

Regular

Ed Sheeran in the Studio @ Webster Hall was pretty tight

5. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I saw blink-182 in a 1,400 capacity room in 2003 a few days before the untitled record came out.

6. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

Another one (also from 2005) is seeing NFG at The Ottobar in Baltimore (holds about 300-400 people) on their “back to basics” tour with Eisley & Reggie and the Full Effect. Wildest show ever.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  7. fbrrocks

Trusted

Saw Charlie puth @ studio at Webster hall before he went to arenas for his second album

8. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Not the smallest venue (~500 cap), but I saw the Gaslight Anthem open up for the Mighty Mighty Bosstones' Hometown Throwdown in 2007. The room was nearly empty when they played, and a few songs into the set some guy yelled out "Play a song about driving!"

Joe4th likes this.
  9. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I've never been to one, and Cleveland hasn't had too many opportunities that I can recall off hand other than:

* Panic! at the Disco doing their secret/surprise show's last year. The Grog Shop (500 cap) was the first one they did, so it was a big surprise but I didn't even try to go knowing there'd be thousands in line.
    * Green Day played this insane set in 2015 at the House of Blues the weekend of their HOF induction: Green Day Setlist at House of Blues, Cleveland
    * Red Hot Chili Peppers also played HOB in Cleveland the weekend of their HOF induction, but played a pretty short set.

bachna84 likes this.
  10. red8ge

Regular

"nirvana" at saint vitus

theasteriskera and pauljgreco like this.
  11. atlas

Trusted

Carly Rae Jepsen for free at the Chop Shop lol

Daniel182, bachna84 and troyplaysbass like this.
  12. Joshua

Regular

I managed to get tickets to that green day club show in 2016, it was at the tower (3200 cap) so it wasnt exactly intimate but it was cool to see them in a setting where they didnt look like blobs. Also saw real friends and movements on that $5 tour, they played the batting cage and that still is one of my favorite shows

pauljgreco likes this.
  13. This is the wildest and best answer so far. I had no idea that even happened.

ItsAndrew likes this.
  14. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Don’t have a lot of cool ones. State Champs in 2013 right after the Finer Things came out, played a warehouse floor show in someone’s backyard. Or The Hotelier playing home in full out a house show for 30 people, that one is gonna age well.

theasteriskera likes this.
  15. atlas

Trusted

it was wild. me and my friends were in line for about 3 hours but we got in pretty comfortably before they started cutting people off. it was sponsored by MnMs so there were free MnMs literally everywhere.... I grabbed like fistfuls of bags coming in and leaving the show lol. then I drove home in a torrential downpour. that day was definitely an experience

troyplaysbass likes this.
  16. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Not really a surprise show, but being front row to Silverstein playing a 300-cap, no barricade, bar is one of the most surreal experiences of my life.

17. DonnyFTW

Regular

This is every single Silverstein show I go to. I guess I’m lucky they always do small local runs.

18. Mtlman1331

Trusted

It was me actually, heard about it a few months back locally here. They did make it out to seem like it was a throwback metal tour, but one could argue that The Used, Thrice, Circa Survive, Atreyu, and Memphis May Fire would attract a throwback audience

19. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

OH. I saw Joyce Manor play at Chain Reaction last night, if that counts. It was nuts

20. blinxspot

I saw A Day to Remember play a free acoustic show in Reno for charity. It was pretty cool and one of my first shows. Watching them play Dick In A Box was great

21. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

I have a feeling we're getting a bunch of hot Summer tours next week.

22. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

23. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

On the topic on this thread I'm insanely jealous of the 100 people who are able to go to this

Theemoflamingo likes this.
  24. jonny cash

american football at st vitus the weekend of their first ever shows back at webster

25. KingofSpain

you can be your own dad Prestigious

Fall Out Boy’s first post-hiatus show at SubT. 400 cap, no barrier, 20+ song setlist of pre SRAR material. Coolest show I’ve ever been to.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.