Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tour Prediction and Speculation Thread [ARCHIVED] Tour • Page 1001

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

Sum 41 is playing MV, not AC.

2. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Yeah wasn’t there a rumor about some sort of giant metalcore tour package that featured bands primarily from the early-mid 2000’s? Whatever came of that? Did that fall through? Not announced yet?

3. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

4. estacey99

Oh yeah, oh yeah, everything is terrible.

closest Ive got is a "secret show" with Half Moon Run where they played a pretty tiny venue, announcing a couple weeks in advance, and having to win a selection lottery to secure tickets

5. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

I saw Neurosis and Amenra play a sold out shoe at a 200 cap show and then saw them play a sold out show with Converge at a 1000+ cap room the next night. It was pretty crazy.

6. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

7. Morgan

Morgan

Mine was Four Year Strong doing a secret show at AMH for Rise or Die Trying in 2017.

steven2480 likes this.
  8. Cmoney86

Trusted

I saw the foo fighters play a aftershow for Lolla 2017. they didn’t even play Lolla that year. it was announced the week of Lolla. it was at metro which has a 1500 cap. They played a 3 hour 30 min set. It was epic

9. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

Brand New opening for The Movielife's farewell show back in 2011. More of a surprise set.

steven2480 and kkhawk24 like this.
  10. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

I saw My Chemical Romance's small venue tour in 2008 and Billy Talent opened the whole tour except the last two dates. Instead we got Taking Back Sunday as an opener announced day of the show. Pretty cool memory to look back on now. It was at the Electric Factory. Not really a small venue, but it was compared to the Black Parade arena tour they did the year before.

11. estacey99

Oh yeah, oh yeah, everything is terrible.

I also had Pup open for AFI 5 years ago last minute after Youth Code and the other opening band I can't remember couldn't get into the country. First exposure to them and it's been nothing but love since

12. michael_gatto

Trusted

The Wonder Years did a surprise 3 song set at one of Man Overboard's Philly shows? That was cool

kkhawk24 likes this.
  13. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Was that at the church? I wasn’t there but I vaguely remember a friend of mine telling me about this

14. michael_gatto

Trusted

It certainly was. I don't remember if it was one of their Lost Tape holiday shows or just a headliner. But I remember Fireworks and Transit played and TWY played 3 songs and people went ape shit

15. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

I was supposed to see Queens Of Stone Age play The Ventura Theater (1,000 cap venue) two years ago. I got a ticket via presale and was beyond stoked. But basically for standard on-sale, the venue completely screwed over a bunch of people trying to buy tickets (tickets we’re only available at the box office, so people buying their tickets online, well, couldn’t! And the venue made no mention that they were only making tickets available at the box office only, so everyone understandably was upset). The band was pissed at what the venue did so they cancelled the show. They promised they were gonna make it up by scheduling a new show in the area but it never happened. I’m still upset about it to this day

16. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I saw Billie Joe Armstrong's side band The Longshot in a tiny venue in DC and it was an amazing show

17. Darth Annihilus

Regular

I saw Green Day play the 9:30 Club in DC for that Rev Radio club tour they did. I also saw Avenged Sevenfold play First Ave in Minnesota at a free show before they opened for Metallica.

18. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I tried incredibly hard to get into that Green Day 9:30 Club show and I will go to my grave being fucking pissed I couldn't get in

19. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

Seeing All Time Low in a local church in front of about 30-40 people, back in late 2005. They opened for another local band here called Thin Dark Line. This was in Towson, MD

pauljgreco and prtyscenes like this.
  20. himynameisdakota

Regular

I was at the “secret” Underoath show a few years ago before the start of the rebirth tour. Seeing them in a 300~ cap venue in Tampa definitely lived up to the hype.

SaveTheEarth likes this.
  21. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

The first show that the Suicide Machines reunited for was a secret show in a Ann Arbor frat house basement, that was a wild time

alkalinexandy likes this.
  22. Ben Buchnat

Whatever. Forever.

I was at the Foo Fighters set too, that was freaking incredible.

23. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

My Chemical Romance playing The Orbit Room, which was about a 1,500-2,000 cap venue, after Danger Days was released

Cgarnsay likes this.
  24. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I saw My Chemical Romance at the Middle East Upstairs in Cambridge, MA (~200 cap). This was the day (or around the same day) that Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge was released.

25. TheSlyTurtle

Regular

I don't know how special it was but I saw Set Your Goals' Mutiny! set at Warped Tour San Diego in 2016 which I felt was really special considering they were the last set of the day and this was the only date they played and hearing 200-300 people yelling "Mutiny!" never get's old.

alkalinexandy likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.