Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tour Prediction and Speculation Thread [ARCHIVED] Tour • Page 2665

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Annihilus

Regular

I've seen AJR twice at radio radio festivals and I just do not get the appeal. I do find it funny that the one guys entire personality seems to be that hat.

theasteriskera and Brent like this.
  2. JoshIsMediocre

Prestigious Supporter

3. heaththehorizon

Regular

Wonder Years NYE tickets were a breeze actually

twisterman2006 likes this.
  4. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Yup, in and out in a minute!

5. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

::stares in The Dangerous Summer::

6. BackwardsDuck

kcauQ

IMG_4222.jpeg

7. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

TWY aftershow sold out in three minutes

theasteriskera likes this.
  8. theasteriskera Nov 10, 2023
    (Last edited: Nov 10, 2023)
    theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

No one's asking for a short bio but I'm def not too cool to be obsessed with this band.

AJR's headliner at Radio City for the Neotheater tour is without a doubt in the top 5 best musical performances I've ever seen. It's 3 brothers making pop music in their apartment in NYC, they were street performers as kids & did DIY shit for years but have increased their audience tremendously with every album cycle. They def have a whimsical Disney score orchestral vibe, but talk about a lot of adult themes. That violin song blew up on TikTok & is one of their worst songs, but shit happens. If you want a better example of their songwriting, "Netflix Trip" is about watching the entire The Office series while growing up & experiencing important life events, & how shows aren't JUST shows (if anyone other than AJR had written it I think everyone would be obsessed with it, but I digress). I get why people aren't into it, but they're a super fun pop band that you can also show your kids, & they're pretty progressive politically. It's fucking sick to see little kids scream "if you're fucking racist don't come to our shows" at a concert

Their dad just died a few weeks ago, & that's touched on in the new album out today if you're also going through a loss

Yeah the hat shit is bizarre haha but I do respect the committal to the bit. Dude's gonna be like Flavor Flav wearing this damn hat as a senior citizen

paythetab, meggers, Brent and 3 others like this.
  9. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

Who would win in a fight, scene scarf AJ or bolero hat AJ

scarf aj.png

JoshIsMediocre and Brent like this.
  10. fbrrocks

Trusted

I love ajr seen them go from opening for Melanie Martinez 150 cap show to this

Brent and theasteriskera like this.
  11. sam_might_say

The intrusive whisper fascinates me

12. sam_might_say

The intrusive whisper fascinates me

13. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

Brent likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.