Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tour Prediction and Speculation Thread [ARCHIVED] Tour • Page 2660

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. CuttingMyFingersOff

Trusted

I was so bummed when they cancelled the Chicago date and I'm so excited for this. i hope they have this as a tour poster. "free from disease....imprisoned by capitalism" is hilarious.

2. Rmourz Nov 8, 2023
    (Last edited: Nov 8, 2023)
    Rmourz

Trusted

Danny Wimmer is still the GOAT of booking 4 day festivals where the first 2 days are just the corniest boomer, gen x, & red state buttrock bands to ever exist but then the other two days actually have some solid hardcore & metalcore acts but ultimately none of their fans buy tickets bc it’d mean paying $400 to have an off duty cop yell “no karate in the pit!” at them

alkalinexandy and theasteriskera like this.
  3. OneWing

Regular

Would love if a Gatecreeper / Fuming Mouth / Fleshwater tour came out of the Thursday lineup of Rockville

4. Jackbo487

Regular

Taproot just released its first new album in ages, and it's ... weird

riotspray likes this.
  5. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

"Weird" is an understatement

6. Jackbo487

Regular

ha, yeah that song in particular has that classic Taproot melody goin for it but it's such a strange vibe overall

surprised they went through the effort to put together an entire new album with virtually zero promotion, but I'm stoke to see them at Sick New World 2024

7. andysoto523

Regular

At first glance I thought the Rockville lineup was meh but after I shortly realized the undercard is STACKED. I would probably be at the side stages majority of the days if I went.

I hope Danny Wimmer does the same thing for Aftershock next year. Their headliners are always solid but majority of the undercard does nothing for me.

8. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I'm a HUGE Taproot fan and would love to finally see them live again, but I'm definitely having trouble clicking with the new record.

Jackbo487 likes this.
  9. Zorlak

Crusher Destroyer Prestigious

This video looks like it had a budget of 500 bucks

10. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

Check out their recent setlists on setlist.fm, they are doing tons of older stuff and changing it up every night.

riotspray likes this.
  11. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Oh, don't worry. I'll 100% go see them if they play anywhere near me.

RogrStahlback likes this.
  12. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

I saw Taproot mainly part of some of absurdly early 00's style package tours when they first came out:

00 opening for Deftones & Incubus
    01 opening for Linkin Park (Alien Ant Farm opened)
    Ozzfest 2001
    03 opening for Disturbed (Chevelle opened as well)

riotspray and alkalinexandy like this.
  13. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

This sounds exactly like the taproot I remember except more polished and even catchier. Legit enjoy it a lot on first listen (went to it on spotify, for some reason the youtube version is so quiet).

Jackbo487 and alkalinexandy like this.
  14. Jackbo487

Regular

i saw Taproot open for Linkin Park at the Fillmore in SF in January 2001, shortly before Hybrid Theory's explosion. Stephen Richards jumped from the balcony down to the pit, it was a wild scene.

riotspray likes this.
  15. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

He did the same thing at Roseland in NYC. Funny enough, that show was originally supposed to be at the 1100-capacity Irving Plaza but there was so much demand they bumped it up to the 3500-capacity Roseland.

riotspray and Jackbo487 like this.
  16. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

No idea what the Plain White T's draw is these day, but this is cool for Pollyanna!

theasteriskera likes this.
  17. marceting

Trusted

The venues tell you all you need to know. 500-1.2k people by the looks of it.

Brent likes this.
  18. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

In case anyone's curious what Plain White T's has been up to lmao

19. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

Yea that was awful, but the new album they are about to release is really really good.

20. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I'd be shocked if the 400 cap rooms in Columbus and Pittsburgh get even halfway full

21. sam_might_say

The intrusive whisper fascinates me

Chain Reaction seems like a really small venue for them, but perhaps in overestimating their draw these days

22. sam_might_say

The intrusive whisper fascinates me

23. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

Holy fuck I didn't think a band like them who had a couple top 40 hits at their peak would be playing 500 cap venues.

24. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I mean isn’t that the trajectory of most one hit wonders 20 years after the hit?

25. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

I would definitely say they had more hits than Hey There Delilah. HTD was definitely their biggest hit but they still had Rhythm of Love, 1, 2, 3, 4, and Hate (I Really Don't Like You). The first two even went platinum.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.