Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tour Prediction and Speculation Thread [ARCHIVED] Tour • Page 2658

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. simonthebutler

Regular

Yeah, they have never hit over here. We don't really have a beach/vibes culture over here and they never took off, another one is Sublime never hit here either. I think a lotof the time with bands of this size it is the sudden shift from playing big venues to playing smaller venues and it just isn't worth it. Dirty Heads announced a tour of 500-1000 capacity venues about 8 years ago and mysteriously cancelled and have never been back and Dave Matthews Band only play the odd show over here and they are usually in 4-6k venues.

2. Cmoney86

Trusted

Both were actually sold out. That’s why they added a 2nd one

JaytotheGee likes this.
  3. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

30STM/AFI (is it co-headlining at least?) is probably max 3-4k venues. Hope they don't try larger places and embarrass themselves like they did in 2018.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  4. somethingwitty

Trusted

I wonder if they’ll be forgoing a lot of their new record bc AFI as direct support will be quite jarring if 30STM focus on that lifeless record they just put out.

5. Phil507

I still don't know where this tour is even confirmed but I'll accept the rumors. To your point, Jared Leto's ego is bigger than any room they play and I imagine he surrounds himself with yes-people so no one will likely bother to tell him "Hey man, probably not the best idea to lip-synch to pre-recorded beats after AFI destroys live."

alkalinexandy and somethingwitty like this.
  6. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

TADIKM24 at 10 a.m. today

7. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

This feels about right, though I could see this being at the MGM Hall here in Boston (4-5k) though I think they'll probably swing a little higher in some markets... And it won't do so hot. Current ticket prices seem to be deterring a lot of people from the "attend just for the openers" approach that would sometimes help a tour like this.

8. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

[​IMG]

333 GANG and twisterman2006 like this.
  9. scottm1023

Regular

So is this WWWY announcement expected to happen this week? I'm itching to know if these rumors are true.

bradsonemanband, Tifoil and TylerR like this.
  10. Sheriff77

Regular

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

thatwasamoment likes this.
  12. HeckYeahMatt

Not Big Chungus

been thinking about this non stop. I refresh their subreddit regularly lol

manoverboard365 likes this.
  13. 2Sweet34

Id expect early 2024. They only announced early last year due to the Blink tour info coming out

14. sam_might_say

The intrusive whisper fascinates me

IMG_2020.gif

manoverboard365 and scottm1023 like this.
  15. heaththehorizon

Regular

I saw some of the 30stm venues and they’re MUCH bigger than you’d expect

16. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

For those who like upstrokes and horns: Supernova Ska Fest is announcing their first round of headliners on 12/1.

tonyvalentine likes this.
  17. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

I would expect them to try a shed tour and ... fail.

18. KindaFatMike

Trusted

told myself for days i was gonna splurge on green day tix, and then today came, and 8th to last row at the amphitheater (far back enough that its not even covered by the roof) is $206 Each... and thats on a non-pumpkins date... to the lawn i go!

19. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

20. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Never forget that disastrous 30STM tour pre-COVID with Walk the Moon where you could buy tickets day-of for $4

21. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Is it 10 a.m. in the venue's time zone?

22. Phil507

When is it getting announced? You're making me think it's Forest Hills here in NYC which would be hilarious.

23. Phil507

That was a bangin lineup at my date (I left halfway through 30STM). Walk The Moon, Misterwaves, Joywave. The 3 openers should have done their own thing and played at 4-5k venues.

Brent and theasteriskera like this.
  24. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

25. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Manifesting an AFI/Poppy off date

Contender and bradsonemanband like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.