Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tour Prediction and Speculation Thread [ARCHIVED] Tour • Page 2657

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. 333 GANG

ACAB

That’s a pretty fun lineup aside from 30STM

Xpertguy5 likes this.
  2. Xpertguy5

Trusted

Yeah after WWWY, no interest in 30STM. Too bad they're taking solid support acts

bradsonemanband likes this.
  3. JoshIsMediocre

Prestigious Supporter

Were they bad on the fest or did Leto start doing weird shit

4. Xpertguy5

Trusted

They're just bad. And he restarted part of a song because the crowd wasn't giving him the energy he wanted lol

5. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Dammit, was hoping for an AFI headliner

Xpertguy5 and 333 GANG like this.
  6. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah, I do not get the hype on him at all either lol.

JoshIsMediocre likes this.
  7. 2Sweet34

25th Anniversary of Significant Other with a “popular opener” is what I was told. Cant confirm if its a play through or “celebrating” tho

8. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

This will never not be a thing now for album tours going forward here, will it.

9. Gimmeeeee

Paulms85 likes this.
  10. heaththehorizon

Regular

Was he still with just a dj then? Those shows weren’t good but is much better now with a full band

11. 2Sweet34

this one was too easy tbh

Brent likes this.
  12. Yeah, and the DJ was clapping out of time on his mic. It was actually baffling how he got a spot opening that show. The best thing I can say about it is that it’s cool that he can do a backflip.

I’d at least be open to seeing him with a band, but I certainly wouldn’t go out of my way for it.

13. manoverboard365

Trusted

Significant Other anniversary tour with someone like Ice Cube supporting could sell well

Brent and bradsonemanband like this.
  14. sam_might_say

The intrusive whisper fascinates me

AFI deserves way better, I’ll say that

Zorlak, maryp1603, brosen87 and 3 others like this.
  15. sam_might_say

If one of the dates isn’t a live, on-site recreation of their Woodstock 99 performance, then it’s not a real anniversary tour

16. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Doesn’t KennyHoopla post on here or used to on AP?

17. tonyvalentine

Regular

I remember Limp Bizkit tried doing a shed tour in the summer of 2010 and got cancelled because they wanted the venues to be more “intimate”. Snoop was scheduled to open but then replaced by Ice Cube. Glad to know 14 years later they’re gonna attempt it again and succeed.

found an article about it. https://consequence.net/2010/05/limp-bizkit-cancels-u-s-tour/amp/

18. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Where are you seeing these btw?

19. Kenny, AFI, and Poppy are cool

Tifoil and 333 GANG like this.
  20. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

To be fair, everyone on this forum thread sees dozens of tour posters a week, so we've been pavlov'd into associating "anniversary" marketing with an "album play" which is why it feels weird when that trend is broken. I think the whole 'false advertising' discourse around Yellowcard was overblown, but I think it's pretty reasonable for people to want to see albums performed in full, so the fact that that's no longer a forgone conclusion can be confusing.

21. sam_might_say

Controversial!

22. heaththehorizon

Regular

Go see Petey if you get the chance

23. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

What is 30STM’s draw these days? They played two aftershows for Lollapalooza this year at House of Blues and I don’t think either sold out, but I thought they were a bigger band. I don’t follow them because fuck that band and fuck Jared Leto, to be fairl, so I am clueless on their popularity.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  24. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

Are there any Green Day presale codes out there?

25. sam_might_say

They don’t really have a draw tbh. I honestly don’t see their tour selling well, even with strong support

alkalinexandy likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.