Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tour Prediction and Speculation Thread [ARCHIVED] Tour • Page 2656

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

I feel like the bigger question for me on the Download lineup is how QOTSA is one of the headliners. Like I know they can play smaller arenas, but I don't think of them on anywhere close to the level popularity wise as Fall Out Boy and Avenged Sevenfold. I would think them and Pantera would be switched. Maybe Queens is just way bigger in the UK than here in the States though.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  2. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Is this 311's first time in the UK in like....forever?

Paulms85 and alkalinexandy like this.
  3. Jackbo487

Regular

yeah they rarely ventured out of North America (not counting cruises) for YEARS, but a recent change in band management and a few PR company switches and they're appearing on more of these international bills recently than I think i've ever seen

4. sam_might_say

The intrusive whisper fascinates me

Yeah you’re totally right. I didn’t even realize that

5. Phil507

Good move on their part as they've over-saturated North America to the point where they couldn't even sell out a 3k club here even with the pull of doing their two first albums in full.

Jackbo487 likes this.
  6. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I was just coming in to post this! A while back I took a dig through their tour archives at one point because I was curious about who they had toured with over the years (which is a wild list) and yeah they've never done anything in the UK. I think they hit in the Americas, Japan, and Australia and focused there primarily.

Pretty sure they've never had a hit over there, though I may be wrong there.

Paulms85 likes this.
  7. Mtlman1331

Trusted

they seem to be a bit bigger overseas than in America.

8. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

That is a pretty… meh download lineup compared to years past

9. Phil507

The 311 avoiding the UK is interesting because other bands that are adjacent to them such as RHCP seem to do well there. Do we have any UK/Europe correspondents in this thread that can give us an overview as to why the UK never responded to them?

alkalinexandy likes this.
  10. Paulms85

Regular Supporter

I'm sure they were on the lineup for the Exteme music festival back in 2001 here in the UK. Either they dropped off or just didn't play the Scottish date I was at.

11. 333 GANG

ACAB

For the Aussies

12. Board2Death

Regular

Take this with a grain of salt but someone on Reddit posted a comment about Limp Bizkit doing an amphitheater tour next year.

333 GANG likes this.
  13. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I had asked a colleague of mine who hails from the UK about this a while back. He's ~35 so a few years younger than me but... To hear him tell it, they just weren't really a "thing" over there (e.g., no radio or MTV play). And in that era, given how successful they were in other areas, I'd imagine there just wasn't much motivation.

Paulms85 likes this.
  14. sam_might_say

Any word on openers?

15. samm23

30 Seconds to Mars/AFI/Kennyhoopla/Poppy tour dates incoming.

16. sam_might_say

that sucks

17. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Sounds like a fun tour is 30TSM wasn’t headlining lol

DisloyalOrder likes this.
  18. Board2Death

Regular

The comment didn’t say. I’ll personally believe it when I see a tour poster. Could be wrong but I don’t think LB really tour all that often aside from different festivals now a days(US wise).

19. wade Nov 7, 2023
    (Last edited: Nov 7, 2023)
    wade

*DX CHOP*

The most this gif tour possible

upload_2023-11-7_17-11-55.gif

20. sam_might_say

They did a US run last year that was a bit limited. Could see them coming back soon

21. michael_gatto

Trusted

Don't know what a kennyhoopla is, but I'd love to see Poppy and AFI.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  22. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

Completely subjective to me I know but KennyHoopla is actually the best one on the lineup:

brosen87 likes this.
  23. somethingwitty

Trusted

Perfect opportunity to leave before the headliner! This support package rules.

theasteriskera and Paulms85 like this.
  24. Kennyhoopla opening for the Hella Mega Tour was truly a top five worst set I’ve ever seen.

alkalinexandy and JaytotheGee like this.
  25. Phil507

30STM’s booking agent is the most talented member of their whole operation

theasteriskera and Brent like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.