Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tour Prediction and Speculation Thread [ARCHIVED] Tour • Page 2478

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

2. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Cerebral Ballzy is up there for me.

3. sam_might_say

The intrusive whisper fascinates me

Puts zoot suit back in closet

Brent likes this.
  4. Mtlman1331

Trusted

now that’s a musical fad that I just didn’t get. Everyone was saying that was gonna be the next musical force, but it was all so corny and lame, except Squirrel Nut Zippers, who probably didn’t deserve to get lumped in with that.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  5. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I mean, to be honest, it was a musical force for like three months in the summer of '98. It infiltrated MTV, VH1, Top 40 and alt-rock radio, the Van's Warped Tour, etc. People started taking swing dance classes. I remember my local paper and news stations covering it as a "fad" or "trend" or whatever which is the proper thing to call it... But TBH, I don't remember anybody talking about it like that Andy Sandberg ska meme.

It's not all that different than any other trend that pops up and disappears quickly. But because we lived in a relative monoculture at the time and it was an inherently accessible, multi-generational genre that lended itself to an aesthetic along with the music... It was all kinda ramped up.

But yeah, your point definitely still stands. It was all pretty corny.

6. buttsfamtbh

Trusted

[​IMG]
    zoot suit?

Brent, Xpertguy5 and joe.boy.fresh. like this.
  7. Mtlman1331

Trusted

that was like two summers in a row where all the radio, mtv said this is gonna be the next big thing and this never really caught on, but at the same time we had this mini ska/punk explosion. Then the next summer they told us it would be techno and like Moby, Massive Attack, Crystal Method and that never really took off despite the hype and nu Metal exploded that summer.

8. Cmoney86

Trusted

2nd Chicago show added. First one sold out

9. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

One of the most hilarious things of the late 90's was indie critics/SPIN magazine pushing the electronic revolution on everyone and then.....nu metal explored much to their chagrin.

10. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Yeah, I know there's a lot of hype and enthusiasm around them cause Frank Iero and Anthony Green are in the band, but I don't think they have near the discography or stage presence to be doing 45-minute sets in venues this size.

FFABR likes this.
  11. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Areans? This is hitting a 4,000 max capacity spot in OKC. But, that seems like a wild number having been in there.

12. Mtlman1331

Trusted

the two east coast dates that leaked right before the announcement are both small hockey arenas

13. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Nothing weird about where LS Dunes is billed

Contender, ABRfan3295 and Tifoil like this.
  14. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Yeah Dayseeker isn’t that big. LS Dunes being an all star side project automatically makes them a bigger draw than Dayseeker.

Tifoil likes this.
  15. btr

Trusted Supporter

Armor for Sleep “Dream to Make Believe” 20 Year Anniversary tour with The Early November & The Spill Canvas

16. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I made this mistake a few months back. When people say "arenas" in this thread, they're generally referring to venues like MSG in NYC or TD Garden in Boston. Big as you can get without a football filed being involved.

Still technically correct to call those spots arenas, TBH. But it's not what people are thinking of. Haha.

17. btr

Trusted Supporter

18. Tifoil

ñ

19. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

ghostxvapor likes this.
  20. holy shittttttt to that AFS/TEN album tour. those 2 albums were on constant rotation in my disc man in 2003, so watching both bands play both of those albums in full is so awesome!

21. CuttingMyFingersOff

Trusted

maybe im off but this seems a pretty extensive tour for their less popular album? Does DTMB really warrant a full album tour? That being said, ill go see TEN preform Room's Too Cold as many times as I can. Formative record for me.

22. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Yeah that AFS/TEN tour is fantastic. TEN hasn’t played Portland that often and I can’t remember the last time AFS played here. I think it may have been 2008 opening for Saves The Day. The only time I’ve seen them was Warped 2006 which was my first show ever. I feel old haha

23. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

24. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

25. fbrrocks

Trusted

Wow I’m so excited for 20 years of ten glad tour is coming to toads place in CT but at same time makes me feel old

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.